• Valencia, Spain (WP) Zetec, petrol
    • Valencia, Spain (WP) Zetec, diesel
    • Valencia, Spain (WP) Zetec-S, petrol
    • Valencia, Spain (WP) Zetec-S, diesel
    • Valencia, Spain (WP) Titanium, petrol
    • Valencia, Spain (WP) Titanium, diesel
    • Valencia, Spain (WP) Other, petrol
    • Valencia, Spain (WP) Other, diesel

Just got the VIN for our Fiesta due in a couple of weeks, and I've verified it's a German built model, so I'm curious to see how many are German, and how many are Spanish.

To be able to tell, check your VIN and if it has a GA then it's form Germany, if it's WP then it's from Spain. (info from pikestones HERE)

Please enter your votes.

Cheers :)

Car hasn't been built, but I hear through the grapevine (my Dad works for Jaguar, and thus has Ford contacts) that it will be built in Valencia.

It's a Titanium Petrol.

I haven't voted in the poll, because I don't have 100% confirmation, due to the car not actually being built yet. I'll vote when I know for sure.

my zetec s

was also made in sunny valencia

:D :D .. obvioulsy the best place for a fiesta to be built ... i wouldnt trust a german haha

Boat/ship it came on is from Spain...so assuming spain!

Duno who's best realy...Germans build stuff to last but then can you trust them not to have put a bomb in there or some weird tracking device! :lol:

On the other hand spanish guys are just nutters! But we dont have a grime with them...just them with us and sinking those few boats of theres once! :lol:

Interesting stats so far, thanks to all of you who've voted

I'm curious to see if more of a particular model or fuel type comes from either factory, but so far it looks pretty even! I guess a clearer picture will develop over time as more people vote!

:)

EDIT

Bugger! :angry:

I just read in another thread that apparently Cologne builds 3dr Fiestas and Valencia builds 5dr versions, so my poll is somewhat flawed!!! :(

Interesting stats so far, thanks to all of you who've voted

I'm curious to see if more of a particular model or fuel type comes from either factory, but so far it looks pretty even! I guess a clearer picture will develop over time as more people vote!

:)

EDIT

Bugger! :angry:

I just read in another thread that apparently Cologne builds 3dr Fiestas and Valencia builds 5dr versions, so my poll is somewhat flawed!!! :(

My Zetec is 5dr and was built in Cologne. :)

My Zetec is 5dr and was built in Cologne. :)

Thanks for that. I also notice there are some Valencia-built Zetec-S in the poll results, so clearly they are making 3dr versions in Spain as well as Germany :)

I see my car as the Grandad of the group, it was made my hand by three men in a shed in Dagenham :)

My Diesel Zetec S was built in the Niehl plant in Cologne.

If you already have your car an easy way to check is to go to the www.etis.ford.com site, click the vehicle tab & enter your registration, brings up all the info for your car.

tdci titanium 5 door in valencia for me.

A friend told me recently the first car built each month is number 10,001 not 00001,just out of interest has any one got a vin number sub 10,000

thanks in advance

dave

tdci titanium 5 door in valencia for me.

A friend told me recently the first car built each month is number 10,001 not 00001,just out of interest has any one got a vin number sub 10,000

thanks in advance

dave

I assume you mean the end of the VIN, and mine is: 07785

Just added my vote to increase the 'Zetec 1.4 petrol built at Valencia' total to a whopping 'FOUR', (so far!) :blink:

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

I can see this 'guide' being useful for future resale values - "For sale - RARE Valencia-built Fiesta - much more valuable than those common-as-muck German Fiestas! :P" :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

My Vin number starts WF so where was my car built.

It has not yet arrived at the dealer and was built at the end of december and is not showing on the etis site

Jamie

My Vin number starts WF so where was my car built.

It has not yet arrived at the dealer and was built at the end of december and is not showing on the etis site

Jamie

In the middle of the VIN is where the WP or GA appear, not at the very start of the number shown on any paperwork.

In the middle of the VIN is where the WP or GA appear, not at the very start of the number shown on any paperwork.

WF means ford europe

I posted a full guide to breaking down your VIN code a while back.

Hopefully some one can post you a link

Dave

WF means ford europe

I posted a full guide to breaking down your VIN code a while back.

Hopefully some one can post you a link

Dave

Link is in first post of this very thread ;)

Here it is again, in case you missed it :P

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&p=43444

• 3 months later...

Mine built 5th November 2008m so German built!

Mine built 5th November 2008 so German built!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club