Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency Assist

DragonFocus

Does anyone know what information if any,   the emergency assist feature stores in the event of an accident/crash? 

A car recently drove into the back of our focus and the insurance are asking for the information from the device.

i have contacted ford via telephone and also been into my local dealer, who also don't seem to know?

any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

• Like 1

I thought the emergency assist was purely to enable your location to be transmitted to the emergency services in the event of an accident.

I don't think it stores any information.

Although I'm probably mistaken😜

• Like 1

From experience, well the other halfs really, all it does is contacts 999 and sends them your location.

It is purely an alert/location I.C.E system.
It doesn't store telematic data like a 'black box' would do.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I thought it launched a fireworks display out through the boot compartment 😅

• Like 2

You can add 2 alternative phone numbers to it. I have # as home number and #2 daughters number. Hopefully never to be activated.

• Like 1

It can also send info about whether airbags and the fuel shut off has been triggered, to give the emergency services an idea of the severity.

I don't think it stores this any longer than needed to make the call though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

2724494610_22b7008f9a_o_d.jpg.cf2.jpg

😂😭😂excellent 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It can also send info about whether airbags and the fuel shut off has been triggered, to give the emergency services an idea of the severity.

I don't think it stores this any longer than needed to make the call though.

It would only call them if either of those had been triggered. 

8 hours ago, Joss max said:

You can add 2 alternative phone numbers to it. I have # as home number and #2 daughters number. Hopefully never to be activated.

How do you do that? It phones 999 using the phone connected to the car at the time of the incident.

Thanks guys 😄👍

i remember reading somewhere (possibly manual) it snap shots car information to inform 112 emergency service and assist them. (Gps location/fuel pump cut off/airbags/speed of vehicle) and then says something like, 'warning this service may give the emergency services information that may incriminate you' or along those lines.

When impact occured, there was a loud beep and the display said emergency assist unavailable. 

Ive been in contact with local dealership and service manager... they said the service had been switched off and they put it back on via telephone.

They plugged the car into diagnostics during a recent service that was due and said they're not sure how to access the information or the emergency assist at all and would have to ring Ford technical assistance. 

I am probably just wishful thinking that it holds this information at all... but it would just be great to see the look on the liars faces if this information was available.

thanks for your help 👍

Ask if there is any information stored in the RCM (Restraints Control Module) or other modules - if neither the airbags or fuel pump cut off activated then I doubt it, but may be worth a try (I know some cars store a few seconds of data before collisions, and there are companies that can retrieve it).

Get yourself a dash cam for future use.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2016 at 4:51 PM, MarksST said:

It would only call them if either of those had been triggered. 

How do you do that? It phones 999 using the phone connected to the car at the time of the incident.

Hi Mark

Via the main screen phone settings. Under emergency assistance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club