Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0098 code

Cordy

Hi,

Had to get my alternator fixed a couple weeks back on my 2008 Focus 1.8tdci S. Since I've had it back the EML light has come on and keeps throwing up code P0098 on my scanner.

Ive changed the MAF and the code still comes up. After code reset it stays off for one drive then returns.

The engine isn't running right, splutters a little while driving and occasionally struggles a little on starting. And now a ticking/tapping noise has started (tappet type noise) but louder.

Could this be an issue with the wiring loom? Have they disturbed something when they changed the alternator?

The MAF I bought was 2nd hand.

Help please, I just want my car back to full working order!!

So...after much reading online about this decided to check for splits in my intercooler and turbo hoses and clean the MAP sensor.

Get to the MAP sensor and find it unplugged 🙈, the garage mustn't have plugged it back in after refitting the new alternator.

Issue solved, just a bit concerned that I've been driving round with no MAP sensor for 2 weeks and what it's done to the engine, if anything.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club