Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen

AlexB

Just spoke to insurance, they're gonna collect it once the police release it, then they'll do an estimate and get the locks changed then I should be able to collect it around next Tuesday!

So did they nick your keys then? I have kept up with the thread, but I don't recall if your keys were pinched. I thought you wouldn't be able to drive it without a genuine Ford key?

Just spoke to insurance, they're gonna collect it once the police release it, then they'll do an estimate and get the locks changed then I should be able to collect it around next Tuesday!

I've been away for a couple of days and just caught up on this thread - I'm intrigued as to how they stole your car! I thought these new keys were fairly safe with the chip inside them?

I've got keyless ignition and it worries me to death not knowing whether it is locked or not. I left my car on the drive but kept the key fob with me whilst I was away. Trouble is, I get into hubby's Ka which is parked next to it and I always worry that mine is unlocked as I am within a few feet with the fob in my handbag!

Can't beleive it has been found, surely it wasnt the normal bunch of c**s that have been stealing cars every night all over essex

I've been away for a couple of days and just caught up on this thread - I'm intrigued as to how they stole your car! I thought these new keys were fairly safe with the chip inside them?

I've got keyless ignition and it worries me to death not knowing whether it is locked or not. I left my car on the drive but kept the key fob with me whilst I was away. Trouble is, I get into hubby's Ka which is parked next to it and I always worry that mine is unlocked as I am within a few feet with the fob in my handbag!

Not sure why it would worry you, the car only unlocks and locks when you activate the button on the door handle. Having the fob with you only allows you to unlock and lock the car, try holding the fob in your hand and opening the locked doors without depressing the button, you can't, you still have to physically lock and unlock the car.

Also, if I remember correctly, the car auto locks after about a minute unless it senses the key inside the car.

Not sure why it would worry you, the car only unlocks and locks when you activate the button on the door handle. Having the fob with you only allows you to unlock and lock the car, try holding the fob in your hand and opening the locked doors without depressing the button, you can't, you still have to physically lock and unlock the car.

Also, if I remember correctly, the car auto locks after about a minute unless it senses the key inside the car.

Correcto!

Regarding how they stole it - at first i thought i had dropped my keys but now it actually looks like they pushed the door open with a crowbar or something and i left my keys at home, they grabbed my mums purse then heard her upstairs so grabbed my keys and took off.

The police have dusted it for prints (no idea if they found anything, the receptionist gimp didn't know) and can release it for insurance company to collect.

Just waiting for them to pick it up, check it over and let me collect it from their garage now! Police said there's no damage to it at all!

Fingers crossed the interior and engine, tyres etc are ok...

Regarding how they stole it - at first i thought i had dropped my keys but now it actually looks like they pushed the door open with a crowbar or something and i left my keys at home, they grabbed my mums purse then heard her upstairs so grabbed my keys and took off.

The police have dusted it for prints (no idea if they found anything, the receptionist gimp didn't know) and can release it for insurance company to collect.

Just waiting for them to pick it up, check it over and let me collect it from their garage now! Police said there's no damage to it at all!

Fingers crossed the interior and engine, tyres etc are ok...

Good luck mate, you must be so relieved to hear of no damage, makes me sick how people can go about stealing like this police should be on it and clamp down!

I guess with DNA evidence, gone are the days when the drunk joy-riding chavs took a dump on the back-seat then.

Glad it's seemingly okay though.

Went to check it out on Friday at the garage the insurance took it to. Looked it over with someone there, no damage at all outside or inside. They've taken the Sat Nav, USB key, iPod cable (grrrr), a golf club and high vis jacket (lol??).

The guy said that he just needs auth from insurance so he can order the new locks and get it all recoded, then he has to change the fuel cap because it doesn't really open properly (it was having that problem before but I'll let my insurance pay for that to get fixed).

Should get it back before the new year :)

Nice one :) i'm glad it isn't a burnout! I live in the middle of the countryside so its all too common to see the wreck of a car in the middle of a field, your car obviously didn't deserve this!!

Any idea how they tracked it down?

The car only auto locks if it's opened and then left for a minute without anything happen.

If you just leave the car having driven it or having done anything in the car such as turn the stereo on - it stays open.

had the afternoon off work cos i was going out, walking back down my road thinking "hm, cant see my car. that van must be blocking it"... get outside my house and nope. its gone.

stolen from right outside my !Removed! house. NOT happy at the moment. police even said it's unlikely i'll be getting it back...

Didn't even get it to 6k miles.

What an annoying nasty situation, sorry to hear that. I hope local police authorities can do something about it. I strictly condemn the person(s) who committed this theft. :(

EDIT: I hadn't checked the previous posts, but apparently it's been found. Congrats :)

Unfortunately the price we pay for the added security of immobalisers with coded keys is the thieves need to get more daring or more violent to get the cars they want. My neighbor has been plagued by scumbags breaking into his house and searching for the keys for his Audi with the final straw being an attempt to grab his wife but fortunately he managed to fight them off with the help of another neighbour (I was on holiday at the time they used my garden to gain access to the rear of his house). I also have a colleague at work who was held up at gunpoint in broad daylight by 2 masked scumbags at some traffic lights just to get his BMW M3. He had his young daughter with him so handed over the car which was never seen again.

Glad it worked out for the OP sounds more opportunist than planned as they abandoned the car after escaping probably just after drug money and thought the house was empty.

• 2 weeks later...
Went to check it out on Friday at the garage the insurance took it to. Looked it over with someone there, no damage at all outside or inside. They've taken the Sat Nav, USB key, iPod cable (grrrr), a golf club and high vis jacket (lol??).

The guy said that he just needs auth from insurance so he can order the new locks and get it all recoded, then he has to change the fuel cap because it doesn't really open properly (it was having that problem before but I'll let my insurance pay for that to get fixed).

Should get it back before the new year :)

AlexB, this has slowed down a bit in benfleet. What the toe-rags have been doing is taking 5 or 6 cars at a time. They drive around the area in the middle of the night , spot a few nice cars and try the upvc door on the house. Usually people dont lock these doors properly. Anyway, they pop in and take the keys and as many cars as you've got on the drive.

You should be well safe when you move onto the Island though ;) .

I do a fare bit of changing locks and coding in new keys following burglaries. I can do it on your drive same day and the insurance companies have no problem as I'm cheaper than the dealer. I will work on the Island but I charge danger money. :lol:

ps Just noticed the date, Iv'e just joined this forum and reading a few old posts.

They may be giving Essex a rest, the toe-rags have crossed the border to Herts. Had an attempted break-in at 4am tuesday, heard them trying to force our front door but they gave it legs when i jump out of bed and turned all the house lights on. Next door lost their 206cc. Luckily we dont leave keys lying around. Now having Tracker fitted to both the ZS and the Focus CC.

Not long ago in my area of cheshire (deep in the countryside) a group of lads went on a stint of one night stealing every honda accord in my village and the next 2 allong luckily enough my dads percious type-s wasnt taken! was really lucky lol. Sorry to hear about your fez mate been keeping my eye on this post for a while now theres sum right theving !Removed! out there puts you of having anything nice im not so scared to leave my focus on the drive due to living right out in the great english bush.

Also been doing some work at oulton pack race track and one day we were monitering the car park and when we were on our lunch break 4 pug 206's were taken! was all of 20mins if that we were ovs being watched that really !Removed! me of. I dont like being had over by scum!!!

Nothing is safe anymore hence why im planning on buying a tracker and a CAT-1 thatcham alarm for my poor focus :(

Mike

P.s. glad to see you got your car back mate now hunt down the c**ts that took it and stamp on there heads!!! The police arent doing enough so sod it brute force time i think.

Im so glad you got your car back mate, you will be well chuffed. When i first started reading this thread weeks ago i highly doubted that you would see it again. I guess Santa has been extra kind to you this Christmas.

Just caught up...awesome news!!!

Get some happy piccys up soon!!!

Yea, that is the issue with new stuff to stop thieves....they just find new ways to get around it...like nicking the keys first!!

But good news! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got it back on 30th December but moved into a new flat on 29th and still don't have Internet sorted... Posting this from iPhone just to say that it had no damage to it at all, inside or outside. Less than 50 miles put on it too so not too bad of a turn out, nice and clean after the inside and outside valet hehe.

Got it back on 30th December but moved into a new flat on 29th and still don't have Internet sorted... Posting this from iPhone just to say that it had no damage to it at all, inside or outside. Less than 50 miles put on it too so not too bad of a turn out, nice and clean after the inside and outside valet hehe.

I am so happy for you mate. I would keep it too myself, get a very good Clifford or Toad alarm system fitted or one of those steel covers you put on the steering wheel.

Glad it's unmarked, I bet they thought it would be rip roaringly hot hatch fast then discovered it's not!!

• 12 years later...

Probably ended up in fochriw . ***** shithole council estate in the middle of nowhere full of jobless low lifes it is.

7 hours ago, Rocknolla2005 said:

Probably ended up in fochriw . ***** shithole council estate in the middle of nowhere full of jobless low lifes it is.

You do realise this thread is 12 years old now? LOL Welcome to the forum...

• Haha 3

We have a new winner for the oldest post revived this year 🎉🎉

So far this year we've had a 10 year dead post and now a 12 year old post and it's not even the end of January 🤣

• Haha 2