Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen

AlexB

had the afternoon off work cos i was going out, walking back down my road thinking "hm, cant see my car. that van must be blocking it"... get outside my house and nope. its gone.

stolen from right outside my !Removed! house. NOT happy at the moment. police even said it's unlikely i'll be getting it back...

Didn't even get it to 6k miles.

had the afternoon off work cos i was going out, walking back down my road thinking "hm, cant see my car. that van must be blocking it"... get outside my house and nope. its gone.

stolen from right outside my !Removed! house. NOT happy at the moment. police even said it's unlikely i'll be getting it back...

:( thats terrible mate, any sign of how they got in? broken glass or summit?

Crap Alex. Sorry to hear that :(

Oh God mate thats terrible. :o My friend had his car just towed away and nicked couple of years ago, nobody bats an eyelid because it's not as though they smash a window or anything. At least if your car's under a year old your insurance company should get you a new replacement.

Very sorry to hear this. People are so heartless... just taking something that somebody else has earned and loved. :angry:

Terrible mate, what b******s! I'd love to catch someone in the act! I'd guess they've watched you go out though.

Did they steal the keys from in the house? If my car was stolen I'd probably prefer not to get it back to be honest, it wouldn't feel the same!

People must have been out around that time, even if it was towed away people must have seen something? It seems so easy for people to just take things and get away with it. :angry:

Really sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll get a good sum from the insurance if the car doesn't turn up.

gutted for you mate, i hope you get a pay out, the swines

Sorry to hear that Alex, indeed !Removed! news. Hope as other have said you have new for old in the first year and you get sorted.

*Warning* Rant alert*

The justice/sentencing for the U.K. is nothing short of appalling. There is very little deterrent to these scumbags - lets say they are somehow caught - they may be put in jail for a short period to endure decent accommodation and go to gym, study at the library,then leave <cheers taxpayer>

This doesn't just annoy me for theft, it is in all means of crime we hear about - how many times have you read a paper/watched the news in the past month when you've had a "disapproving shaking of the head" moment followed by "that's a f'n disgrace".

Death by dangerous driving - Suspended sentence, small fine and a small ban. Big deal, some family has to cope with that for the rest of their days and the offender gets a firm slap on the wrist.

Rape/Murder/Child abuse/Drugs - none of the punishments are so scary that it will put off the offenders. Bring back capital punishment. As far as I'm concerned, offences one and three should carry a 3 year sentence followed by execution - do we need them back in society to reoffend? No. They can't if they're gone. Murder the same dependant on circumstance, but the first two make me sick.

Sorry went off topic, but this annoys me for a start, but it's the system that has a lot to answer for.

I don't blame the Police or the Magistrate before anyone points that out, I blame the legislators.

To conclude:

Punishment for the thieves of Alex' car if it were up to me: 5 Years no parole. Enough time to think about what they've done.

Prime Minister Pete!

• Like 1

Here here! A 'don't do that again' from the police won't stop people from stealing more cars!

In Singapore people get lashes for key'ing cars...

Very sorry to hear this news.

Cant believe people out there can even think about stealing car never mind actually carrying it out.

World is full of scumbags.

Like everyone else here, really sorry to hear about this!!! Hope your insurance sorts it out for you.

:(

:o im sorry to hear that :( . some people are heartless :( hope you get it back soon or at least get a replacement.

Really sorry. The problem is in this country we are too soft on criminals. and the police are not really interested either. Well I am hoping for you that its just round the corner, and undamaged, but its unlikely. :(

yeah it sucks. really loved that car, luckily i have gap insurance so should get the whole lot back minus excess which is only £150... the damn waiting list for a new one is sooooo long though i dont think i can be without a car that long! might have to forget another fiesta and get something else because i need a car so bad :(

arghhhh im not even angry now its just annoying not having a car. gonna have to get insured on my mum's old 2001 fiat brava which is soooooo nasty to drive!

sigh.

And regarding the rant about the sentences... i agree, one of my friends was hit by a van driven by some douchebag over the limit on drink and drugs, she was in a coma and her best friend died... the guy got like 150 hours community service.

i presume you'll get around £14k?

second hand fiesta? or if thats not your cup of tea a corsa VXR, oh they are hot

Oh Maaaaaaaaaaan!! :( :( :(

That's terrible mate...sorry to hear this.

I know it's not likely, but let's hope they catch the nonce(s) who did it and cut

their bs off!!

This is horrific mate. I hope you can get yourself back to 'pre-theft' status as quickly and easily as possible.

This sort of car crime seems to be on the rise and it has been mentioned before on this forum. At the moment I am having to park on the street also, and being a bit lazy I park up the street a bit where I dont have to bother parallel parking. From now on I think I will park amongst the other cars on the road, preferably between two others so its not possible to tow the car away. I really can't afford to have my car nicked atm, would severely f**k my life up, even more than it already is lol.

Get your order in for a new one tomorrow, you could have it by Feb. Hell it could take that long to get all of the insurance and paperwork sorted out anyway

Condolences geezer, better luck in future

Jonny87

:( That's absolutely disgraceful that someone would even think of doing that...they must've been jealous and felt they'd gain something from it which is really sad. What lengths people go to these days to steal a car - I mean in broad daylight and right outside your house!!!! I can only imagine what you are going through trying to get things sorted out - hopefully you can get everything sorted ASAP and where possible justice brought to the people who did it.

Yeah, Michael P has a point - you could probably get a decent second hand MK7 Fiesta without having to wait for delivery, but perhaps you would feel uncomfortable in a replacement after that!

All the best, hope it all works out for you!

Pete, I couldn't agree more! However I think for

theft, especially of someones hard earned property like a car, thieves should have their hands removed. First offence one hand, repeat offence the other. It's barbarric but people would think twice about doing it.

Sorry to hear about your loss :( , hope you get everything sorted quickly

As for the law would a US style 3 strike's system work rather than ASBO's etc. Two crime's committed and on the 3rd it's a jail sentence with no parole until 25 year's served

Its just annoying, I've lived in this house for 13 years now and nothing has ever been stolen or broken into or anything, in a few weeks im moving to an area in the top 20 worst car crime spots, and my car gets stolen here! haha.

f it, life goes on, no idea how much money I'll get. need to speak to ford about the finance and GAP insurance etc.

I assume i'll get whatever the insurers give me, then ford cover the rest, they get everyting I owe on the finance and i just get what i've paid so far + my deposit (2k!)???

Another one gutted for you - it's terrible news. :angry: :(

If you're in the first 12 months of ownership and are the first person on the logbook (including preregistration for example) then you shouldn't even need gap. Most insurers will stump up the full cost of a brand new like for like car. If not, then Ford will cover your loss anyway, so apart from the wait for a new motor it should work ok in the end.