Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philf1's Nitrous Blue Focus RS

Philf1

Looks like standard insulation to me.

Maybe it was only on prototypes or something they tried it...

Where did you get the Jel overlays from? Would love some for my RS airbox!

19 hours ago, Philf1 said:

Wes it's not mine but one I saw in a showroom a few months ago

ImageUploadedByFord OC1483124784.885420.jpg

Thanks for that Phil. Is that a recess for the filter box that you can just make out on the pic or is it just an indentation from the top of the box?

That's not a recess for the air box. It's a different shape for one and imagine if the bonnet did rest on the air box top (as well as the slam panel) then that would cancel out the effect of the open top on the air box.
Anyway. It's a lovely car and I've seen a few around leeds.

30 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

That's not a recess for the air box. It's a different shape for one and imagine if the bonnet did rest on the air box top (as well as the slam panel) then that would cancel out the effect of the open top on the air box.
Anyway. It's a lovely car and I've seen a few around leeds.

Have you got an RS or seen one up close under the bonnet? If you enlarge the picture you will see that there is the same shape on the soundproofing as the rubber on the top of the filter box. Hopefully Phil can give an accurate answer as he owns one.

Ford_Focus_MK3_RS_Airbox_Upgrade_2.0_ecoboost.jpg

Screenshot_20161231-170732.png

The top of the airbox is rubber so I think the mark you can see is where the bonnet insulation rests on top of it. The top of the airbox is still open so air gets in from the front

• Like 2

Where did you get the Jel overlays from? Would love some for my RS airbox!

Gel badges are from DMB mate

48 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

The top of the airbox is rubber so I think the mark you can see is where the bonnet insulation rests on top of it. The top of the airbox is still open so air gets in from the front

Cheers Phil. I will keep an eye out for one then if i dont need to buy the soundproofing too! :smile:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Cheers Phil. I will keep an eye out for one then if i dont need to buy the soundproofing too! :smile:

I'll give you a shout once mine is in - I think the proofing is to close the top of the box off from heat soak as the box is in fact designed for efficient induction action for more accurate dyno runs (as we've discussed, good call!) - the proofing looks to have been indented by the box from a tight seal

Phil. Is your car really bad in its turning circle? I saw a review where apart from a harsh ride that the turning circle is dire and makes negotiating mini roundabouts embarrassing. Personally I can't believe that so I'll be intrigued by your reply.

1 minute ago, tazzman600 said:

Phil. Is your car really bad in its turning circle? I saw a review where apart from a harsh ride that the turning circle is dire and makes negotiating mini roundabouts embarrassing. Personally I can't believe that so I'll be intrigued by your reply.

It's horrendous in the Focus ST, so imagine it's no better in the RS.

Makes you look like a bit of tool when you can't turn it around and are shuffling about this family "compact", lol.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It's horrendous in the Focus ST, so imagine it's no better in the RS.

Makes you look like a bit of tool when you can't turn it around and are shuffling about this family "compact", lol.

Same on my Zetec S due to the rack limiters. I just use the manual steering assist, yank the handbrake up!:whistling1:

• Like 2

Turning circle is appalling but that's why it has drift mode[emoji16]

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

Turning circle is appalling but that's why it has drift modeemoji16.png

lol :smile:

• Like 1

Aye, the ST turning radius is a bit on the wide side too, but what it does on the straight roads more than compensates for that. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

Wow I'm suprised about the ST having a bad turning circle. When I test drove one I didn't notice it being bad in that respect. It turned every corner well and went round mini roundabouts no probs. But oh yes on the straights that's another story hee hee.
It's a sorry affair that Ford have made a Superb car in the RS and ST yet forget it has to go round mini roundabouts etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

It's a sorry affair that Ford have made a Superb car in the RS and ST yet forget it has to go round mini roundabouts etc.

Its the same for any Focus with the 18" wheel upgrades and also the C-Max, both due to having steering rack limiters fitted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Its the same for any Focus with the 18" wheel upgrades and also the C-Max, both due to having steering rack limiters fitted.

The space next to where I park has been empty since I moved in to my flat, but I'm told someone is moving in on Saturday. I think I'm going to have to start shuffling to get out, lol.

25 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The space next to where I park has been empty since I moved in to my flat, but I'm told someone is moving in on Saturday. I think I'm going to have to start shuffling to get out, lol.

Or stick some 16's on and remove the rack limiters!:yucky:

• Like 1

? ? ? I'm flummoxed. My last focus from new had the 5 spoke (or was it 7? ) 18" wheels which I didn't like and swapped them for 17's which were on another 1yr old Focus. My focus managed mini roundabouts easily and I know that any restrictions fitted from factory were still there as I asked the dealer. Weird how when a number of us have had very similar focus's we differ in how the car was/is. Such is life.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought this for a visual deterrent

5890e3a895e19_ImageUploadedByFordOC14858

Also done an obd security update but won't put details on here

4 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

Bought this for a visual deterrent

ImageUploadedByFord OC1485890472.025140.jpg

Also done an obd security update but won't put details on here

Not sure if you got the under cover for it too, but if you rotate it 90deg it won't leave a dent in the top of the wheel :)

No I didn't buy the cover, this was just for the photo I put it on at an angle most times. If you put it on straight it does leave a slight indentation overnight.

More additional non-visible security will be coming soon but I won't post details in case some thieving scroat is reading this. It's such a shame we have to spend all this extra just because someone wants what they can't have but better safe than sorry and if they get away with it then I'll have done as much as I reasonably can.

• Like 2

Added 2 LED strip lights in the boot to replace the pathetic OED one

58961da8bcd09_ImageUploadedByFordOC14862
58961db7a0e3f_ImageUploadedByFordOC14862
58961dc3ed79c_ImageUploadedByFordOC14862