Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philf1's Nitrous Blue Focus RS

Philf1

At the end of the day if someone wants to take the car they will whatever you do they could just lift it onto a wagon and drive off but I’ve done as much as I can so hopefully they’ll leave me alone and go for someone else selfish I know but...

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone

Any plans to go visit Litchfield in the future? I’ve read good things about their RS packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to do any performance upgrades at the moment until the blown engine faults are rectified

Sent from my iPhone

Do have a visual mod coming soon that will change the way the car looks I hope for the better

Sent from my iPhone

Looking forward to it! I’m living vicariously through this thread...

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, Philf1 said:

So I’ve got the Autowatch Ghost fitted and I’m very impressed what a great piece of kit it is. Added bonus on the RS is that I now have auto door locking enabled

Many thanks to Safe and Sound in Leeds excellent work

https://www.sasmobile.co.uk/view-product/Autowatch-Ghost-Immobiliser

Sent from my iPhone

I'm giving serious consideration to getting one of these - had someone break in after my keys recently (thankfully the burglar alarm scared them off so they just nicked my wind deflectors and fled) - so would like the additional layer of security.

Saw a copy of a letter today from Ford in the US, they’re recalling RS’ for the head gasket issue - hopefully UK isn’t far behind!

I'm giving serious consideration to getting one of these - had someone break in after my keys recently (thankfully the burglar alarm scared them off so they just nicked my wind deflectors and fled) - so would like the additional layer of security.

That’s exactly what prompted me I’d been thinking about it since I got the car but kept putting it off. If you do don’t use the bluetooth app as they can read the rf just like with keys.

Get yourself a Faraday bag for keys make sure you keep them upstairs at night and think about cctv as well. Finally get some ultion locks for your doors check the video in this link

https://www.ultion-lock.co.uk/

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

Saw a copy of a letter today from Ford in the US, they’re recalling RS’ for the head gasket issue - hopefully UK isn’t far behind!

Letters being sent next Monday allegedly for all RS built before July 2017 which will include mine

Sent from my iPhone

There's a lot of news about the recall of the RS. warped cylinder heads due to excessive heat build up and quick cooling being too much for the alloy used in the cylinder block and head. The Mustang doesn't suffer this because it uses a different alloy.
It's a shame so many fabulous cars have to go back on a recall. Just as well there won't be any charges to the customers.

The Mustang doesn't do it because it has a different head gasket that's designed to work differently with a different head. The RS gasket and head cooling system is completely different. (When fitted correctly together) The 5 hour porosity test as part of the Field service Action will determine if the alloy composition is out of tolerance and if it needs replacing.

The FSA is now live on ETIS so expect to be notified in due course.

Personally I'm going to wait a while until the Tech's at my Dealers have done a few before doing mine!

On 23/01/2018 at 7:21 PM, Philf1 said:

That’s exactly what prompted me I’d been thinking about it since I got the car but kept putting it off. If you do don’t use the Bluetooth app as they can read the rf just like with keys.

Get yourself a faraday bag for keys make sure you keep them upstairs at night and think about cctv as well. Finally get some ultion locks for your doors check the video in this link

https://www.ultion-lock.co.uk/

Sent from my iPhone

I hate to widdle on your strawberries but I used to be a locksmith and ultion locks (side pin or whatever) are not as difficult to pick it bump as thought.

But as I always used to tell people, security is more about deterrent than actual effectiveness. If it LOOKS hard to get in, they won't bother. On the other hand, if someone is desperate to break in, they will find a way. 

Best 'locks' are probably sash jammers to be honest but even then they are only as strong as the screws you fix em on with...

I hate to widdle on your strawberries but I used to be a locksmith and ultion locks (side pin or whatever) are not as difficult to pick it bump as thought.
But as I always used to tell people, security is more about deterrent than actual effectiveness. If it LOOKS hard to get in, they won't bother. On the other hand, if someone is desperate to break in, they will find a way. 
Best 'locks' are probably sash jammers to be honest but even then they are only as strong as the screws you fix em on with...

Ultion offer £1000 if anyone breaks in via the lock barrel. I have sash locks as well and a new alarm and cctv so as you say deterrent is there so hopefully he scum will go somewhere else

https://www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk/

The Mustang doesn't do it because it has a different head gasket that's designed to work differently with a different head. The RS gasket and head cooling system is completely different. (When fitted correctly together) The 5 hour porosity test as part of the Field Service Action will determine if the alloy composition is out of tolerance and if it needs replacing.

The FSA is now live on ETIS so expect to be notified in due course.

Personally I'm going to wait a while until the Tech's at my Dealers have done a few before doing mine!

The issue appears to be that mustang head gasket have been incorrectly fitted to the RS lots of chatter about it on RS forums.

I’ve got my recall via FordPass today

IMG_2761.thumb.JPG.bb33f7af236a0732bb78059f6e1e1653.JPG

https://www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk/

Hmm, I have yet to receive anything. Mine is a March 17 build.

Spoke to soon! Dealer called me and I have my fix 8th -9th of February 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the article of a guy in I think Spain who has done near 80k miles in his car running it as a taxi? The car is an 18 month old Focus RS.

• Like 1

Looks like a dream job where he lives.

Don't forget the Subtitles

Norway Spain almost the same lol. Yup I sit corrected. I blame my naff memory.

2 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

Looks like a dream job where he lives.

Don't forget the Subtitles

I'd probably have anxiety if I made my fiesta zetec s a taxi. Getting any ol person in the car would worry me plus they probably won't even take care. Hitting their shoes on the door sill, wearing away and creasing the leather seat. I still worry when I have the family in the car. 😂

Phil,

Do you have a full side view picture of your car I could see please.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club