Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford fiesta 2004 1.6 high idle and eac fail

Tuffers69

Hi, my name is rob i am new to this forum as i  have a problem with a fiesta i have just bought for £380.

The car has done 167k miles and the motor still feels sweet, although it has a cracked alternator mounting and the belts are in need of changing which i will be doing soon. 

The problem is it idles around 1500rpm at all times and it feels as though the throttle is jerky when you are setting off. There are no lights on the dash and when you get going it feels fine.

However the other day when i was reversing into a parking space all of a sudden the revs kept bouncing off 2500rpm and the dash was flashing with "EAC fail" coming up.

I think it may be the pedal and its unit but i am not sure as it is my first ford. Could anybody here help me with my problem because i feel that if i fix this issue the car will be a reliable bus for the next few years. I have searched extensively on google and other sites but nobody else seems to get my exact same problem.

I have now found that if I turn on heated windows and turn the heater on full the idle speed will go down to 1000rpm, can anybody help me please?

Regarding EAC fail, try removing the pipe from the throttle body and clean the throttle body Venturi and butterfly carefully with a soft toothbrush and carb cleaner spray.

Thanks for your help it turned out to be a "pcv hose" behind the throttle body was split :)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club