Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More horse power

deshallz06

i looked into chipping my 1.6 16v unit and it would only give me 6hp! and for a price of approx £400 personally i went out and bought a knn induction kit and am currently saving for a sports exhaust thatl give me more bhp for alot less cash

But what you do get with KnN and exhaust is huge flat spots, bad fuel economy and maybe just lose power!!

The chip not just gives u 6bhp, if recreates a beautiful map thats smooth and progressive, and what it will often do is give you oodles more torque (pulling power) and thats where it counts and where you feel it.

Best idea, is get an exhaust system, nice make proven, and KnN panel filter and then go get it mapped accordingly.

Ford spent millions on mapping their engines for the intake/exhaust patterns, it takes more than a guy with a bolt on filter to give true power gains without causing mishaps!

Piggy :)

But what you do get with KnN and exhaust is huge flat spots, bad fuel economy and maybe just lose power!!

The chip not just gives u 6bhp, if recreates a beautiful map thats smooth and progressive, and what it will often do is give you oodles more torque (pulling power) and thats where it counts and where you feel it.

Best idea, is get an exhaust system, nice make proven, and KnN panel filter and then go get it mapped accordingly.

Ford spent millions on mapping their engines for the intake/exhaust patterns, it takes more than a guy with a bolt on filter to give true power gains without causing mishaps!

Piggy :)

for best gains a remap and a panel filter chips as any vw owner will tell you are rubbish a proper remap is what you need induction kits give the illusion of more power but in truth they actually loose power especially when the heat built up in the bay starts getting sucked in cold air feed will help a bit but its a fact that the standard box with a performance panel filter will give better gains a remap and a decent exhaust will do the trick many a test has been done and the results were the factory airbox with a filter performs better than an induction kit which was loosing 2-3bhp over the standard box and paper filter

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club