Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 radio replacement rectangular

Tresni2305

Hi everyone 

I've been having a look on here and eBay to see what options I've got for upgrading the rectangular radio in my mk2 focus

I was thinking of just buying the oval surround and fitting one of the touchscreen oval radios but I have just found this on ebay 

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Mk2-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-Head-Unit-Radio-GPS-Sat-Nav-Stereo-WiFi-BT-/172319684263?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150519202351%26meid%3Dd41d3d47ec2f441aa65c28c379848d7f%26pid%3D100408%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D25%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D181936476471&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

It says its a direct replacement from the factory one so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these radios? 

Thanks 

Sam

I would not go for that. I am on the look out for Chinese 2din android unit also. This Quad-Core Cortex A9 RK3188 1.6GHz with android 5.1 usually has bluetooth working so that only one speaker will be used and this 5.1 android version has other problems also (older 4.x android versions worked bit better).

China has new version of similar head units out now. 

Key words to look out are Intel SoFIA CPU-s, and 2 gb memory. According to comments in xda forums is a big step up from this version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units

Most of the Chinese head units are the same even tho they are sold under different brand names.

Here is one example of the never version head units that should fit.

https://www.carjoying.com/new-android-car-radio/quad-core-ford-android-car-radio.html

That version you linked to is the oval shape so I would have to get the oval surround off eBay in order to use. 

The one I've linked should be a direct swap for the rectangular radio that is stock.

Was just exploring options like you said there are probably better ones around but some will need facias in order to fit.  I'm not sure I like the look of the double din facia on the mk2 

Scroll down, there are both versions available. Oval and square.

Key words are intel cpu and 2gb memory. Hardware is pretty much the same no matter the brand.

• Like 1

Easy to swap a rectangular radio for an oval one.
You just need a pair of adaptor mounts from Ford, 4 screws and an oval fascia.
I have a how-to (with relevant part numbers) in my guide link (located below my posts when viewed on a PC).

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club