Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Brake pedal is unlocking my boot.

sarahdick

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Will get straight to the point.Just today I left work, got in my car (05 focus lx 1.6 mk2) and started driving home. Only to notice that every time I put my foot on the brakes, my boot unlocks. And when I say unlock I mean it opens slightly, so if any wind was to gush through my windows it would lift the boot door completely open! It also isn't unlocking using my keys so the only way to unlock it is to switch my ignition on and press the brake pedal. I also have to do this to lock the boot too. It doesn't happen if I lock the doors when I'm driving but still an inconvenience especially as I was planning to sell it soon and that I can't get into my boot without getting in my car. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it and knows what it could be, and whether it's a costly fix? Literally just done it out of the blue and leaves me confused and annoyed. Any information would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Check the wiring in the rubber sleeve between the roof and bootlid.
Over time the cable insulation gets brittle and snaps allowing short circuits between the upper brake light and boot release circuits.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

This big ribbed sleeve? Do I just try to pull it back? Seems stuck on pretty well haha. And no sign of wear and tear on the sleeve. Sorry for the questions..I'm not mechanically or electrically gifted

IMAG2326.jpg

The sleeve caps are hooked into the bodywork with a reinforced rubber collar which just pulls out.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club