Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fezza Zetec S

Nick_T

So I've been on this forum for a little bit now and Joined the FOC today! 

I've had my little Vision Blue Zetec S for a little over three years now and I love it! I picked her up from a traders in Leeds in a pretty sorry state, unfortunately the previous owner had neglected her a bit. Overdue a service by about 15k, with that soon sorted I replaced the 16" alloys with some tasty 17" items picked up from eBay.

IMG_20160325_141645_hdr_zpsynvatgfj.jpg

IMG_20160325_141705_hdr_zpsquvt8ghk.jpg

IMG_20160325_141726_hdr_zpsgocjusac.jpg

Last year I decided to fit an ST180 rear axle, overhaul the braking system as it was in a pretty poor state, stainless steel exhaust system right the way through, sports cat linked to a Cobra sport non-resonated cat back system and a Pipercross panel filter oh and an ST rear end just to finish it off...   

DSCF2097_zpsc8f3aanw.jpg

DSCF2098_zps58fjg84o.jpg

DSCF2099_zpsnjiy2c6m.jpg

DSCF2101_zpsjcqmoit2.jpg

DSCF2102_zpsywhzjntc.jpg

DSCF2104_zpsrusxlayv.jpg

DSCF2106_zps04uqwtos.jpg

DSCF2109_zpsgqxrrsdp.jpg

IMG_20160927_1715103_rewind_zpstd5ay3lf.

So as she is sitting now I've decided to do a bit more work to her. Pipercross cold air induction kit, Piper fast road cams, ECU remap, ST180 front brake upgrade, fast road pads + disks all round, facelifted front end with Pumaspeed's RS look-a-like bumper, RS rear spoiler, Mk7.5 headlights, Mk7.5 bonnet, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Pumspeed ST180 tracklite wheels. Interior wise Ford satnav unit, with DAB headunit with Sync, facelift center console with armrest, Mountune short throw gear lever and short throw arm. 

Will hopefully be posting some updates in the new year.

:-Nick

• Like 7

Looks nice that! Get some photos up of her :smile:

Do you know what power you're running roughly now?

• Like 1

Yeah had it dynoed after it was finished. Pushing 127bhp at the wheels with 123lbf.ft torque :smile: She pulls really well 

• 3 weeks later...

So today I've knocked up an adapter for my stereo from the old style to the new style 24 pin plug. Now I have a problem, head unit fires up no problem however it doesn't appear to be communicating with my new screen or the old screen. After doing a bit digging would I be right in assuming that the car's on board unit has to be told there is a DAB unit fitted? Maybe that is why it won't work? If so is there anyone in the North East that can dial in and sort it out for me or is that a dealer job?

• 4 weeks later...

This project needs to renamed project RS :cool: Acquired myself an ST180 front brake setup, should fill those wheel up quite nicely. Everyday is like Christmas at my house now! I need shares in Parcelforce I think :laugh: Also managed to bag myself some Recaro front seats from a Mk2 Focus RS which will suit my car nicey I think. 

Piper cams to be fitted next week along with a full rolling road remap. I will be posting results when it's done.  

• Like 1

Piper cams fitted, induction kit fitted and the results are in...

She's now doing 136bhp! The guys at the Performance Center in Sunderland where I take the car said it wasn't worth doing a remap of the ECU as there wasn't going to be a lot of gain for the money I would spend. This is one of the reasons I like these guys, honesty. 136bhp isn't a bad figure considering it's a daily driver, it loves to rev and goes mental when you hit the right rev range. It's made it a much more enjoyable car to drive! 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

So It's been quite a while since I've updated this topic but here's where I am at:- 

RS Recaros are in, the front at least

New center console with matching covers with seats

Rear Bilsteins are fitted along with the Eibach anti roll bar

Today we have been fitting the new front bumper and various accessories to suit! 

And without further delay here's some pretty pictures to enjoy

DSCF2211.JPG

DSCF2212.JPG

DSCF2213.JPG

DSCF2214.JPG

DSCF2215.JPG

DSCF2218.JPG

DSCF2219.JPG

DSCF2220.JPG

DSCF2221.JPG

DSCF2222.JPG

DSCF2223.JPG

• Like 2

I'm liking the new front bumper 👍🏼

How much would a remap cost? The parts you've fitted aren't cheap (cams, full exhaust, induction kit) and have given 16bhp over standard, Mountune's kit uses the similar parts but with the remap makes 155bhp, other tuners would possibly make more, seems pointless to have all the hardware fitted then not adjust the software to advantage of it.

Love the seats, what did you do to mount them?

8 hours ago, MarksST said:

How much would a remap cost? The parts you've fitted aren't cheap (cams, full exhaust, induction kit) and have given 16bhp over standard, Mountune's kit uses the similar parts but with the remap makes 155bhp, other tuners would possibly make more, seems pointless to have all the hardware fitted then not adjust the software to advantage of it.

Love the seats, what did you do to mount them?

Funny that you should mention that, I was talking to my dad about this very thing the other day. The honest answer is I don't know how much a remap would be because nearly everyone i've spoke to in the North East will not touch my car for some reason, I don't get it? Might be worth talking to Pumaspeed or someone similar just to see if it can be done. 

Glad you like the seats! I love them! I removed all the Focus brackets from the bottom, nipped up to the salvage yard and nicked a couple of runners from the bottom of a Fiesta seat, chopped off the inner rails so that the Recaros would sit flat on the runners when bolted to the car, using the existing holes on the bottom of the Focus runners I used six high tensile short bolts and bolted the seats to the Fiesta runners and the end result is shown :cool:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First time at Ford Fair yesterday, great event despite the poor traffic management but we got there in the end. Half an hour before setting off on Saturday night we were still working on the car. Engine bed, Bilsteins and the new anti roll bar went on on the Friday along with my new ST180 brake setup. Saturday saw the rear disks and pads changed and new Goodridge brake hoses fitted to match the front, at least it all worked! 

From the looks of it it caused quite a bit of confusion for some people who came to have a look when I parked up. She's a bit of a work in progress at the moment so I'm looking forward to next years Ford Fair when all work will have been completed. 

DSCF2235.JPG

DSCF2236.JPG

DSCF2237.JPG

DSCF2238.JPG

IMG_20170805_2022215_rewind.jpg

looking good fella and good to hear you in joyed ford fair

• 2 months later...

I haven't updated this in a while due to spending quite a bit of time away from home recently. So last weekend I decided to get stuck into the biggest task I've had so far, swapping out the old audio system for my new navigation system and DAB headunit. Ford said it couldn't be done, it's impossible. Well what do Ford know? Clearly not enough...

After acquiring all the necessary components for the job, all bought from my local Ford dealers bar the head and nav unit, I set about putting it all together. Not that big of a job hardest part of it was removing all the fiddly clips from interior trim and routing necessary cables. The end result looks good! Fully functioning Sat nav and DAB radio! Next step is to wire up the SYNC unit...

I know there are various guides on the net and this forum about installing DAB into a MK7 Fiesta but if anyone wants to know how to install DAB or NAV into their Fiesta I'll be more than happy to share to create a little guide to how it's done. 

DSCF2278.JPG

DSCF2279.JPG

DSCF2280.JPG

DSCF2281.JPG

• Like 2

I’d be very keen to learn how to install DAB and NAV into my 2010 titanium

On 22/10/2017 at 11:32 AM, Nick_T said:

I haven't updated this in a while due to spending quite a bit of time away from home recently. So last weekend I decided to get stuck into the biggest task I've had so far, swapping out the old audio system for my new navigation system and DAB headunit. Ford said it couldn't be done, it's impossible. Well what do Ford know? Clearly not enough...

After acquiring all the necessary components for the job, all bought from my local Ford dealers bar the head and nav unit, I set about putting it all together. Not that big of a job hardest part of it was removing all the fiddly clips from interior trim and routing necessary cables. The end result looks good! Fully functioning Sat nav and DAB radio! Next step is to wire up the SYNC unit...

I know there are various guides on the net and this forum about installing DAB into a MK7 Fiesta but if anyone wants to know how to install DAB or NAV into their Fiesta I'll be more than happy to share to create a little guide to how it's done. 

DSCF2278.JPG

DSCF2279.JPG

DSCF2280.JPG

DSCF2281.JPG

This is pretty cool, I am interested as to which head the car originally came with and how much roughly this cost?

Also what's that about wiring up the sync unit?

• Like 1

Wish I had a taken a photo before I swapped it all out. Came with a pretty basic setup, nabbed a picture of the internet to show what it had to start with. It's not a cheap upgrade I'll be honest! Headunit, satnav and SYNC I got off eBay for £200 the wiring and all other little necessary bits and pieces came up at another £200 roughly but I bought all my stuff brand new from my local Ford dealer. I'm sure stuff that you need will come up on eBay from time to time.

I need to wire up the SYNC to the car, I've got a wiring harness from a later Fiesta with the plugs for SYNC already on. I have a wiring diagram for the SYNC itself so it's matter of figuring out where it all goes and getting it up and running in the car. 

845760517_17_1080x720_ford-fiesta-12-benzyna-82-km-alu-104000km-mk7-titanium-_rev003.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Nick_T said:

Wish I had a taken a photo before I swapped it all out. Came with a pretty basic setup, nabbed a picture of the internet to show what it had to start with. It's not a cheap upgrade I'll be honest! Headunit, satnav and SYNC I got off eBay for £200 the wiring and all other little necessary bits and pieces came up at another £200 roughly but I bought all my stuff brand new from my local Ford dealer. I'm sure stuff that you need will come up on eBay from time to time.

I need to wire up the SYNC to the car, I've got a wiring harness from a later Fiesta with the plugs for SYNC already on. I have a wiring diagram for the SYNC itself so it's matter of figuring out where it all goes and getting it up and running in the car. 

845760517_17_1080x720_ford-fiesta-12-benzyna-82-km-alu-104000km-mk7-titanium-_rev003.jpg

I am interested as to what functionality the sync module provides?

2 hours ago, Nick_T said:

I believe provides bluetooth capabilities to the car for hands free phone calls and such like  

Are you sure this isn't just called the bluetooth module?

Does it go behind the glovebox in the footwell?

845760517_17_1080x720_ford-fiesta-12-benzyna-82-km-alu-104000km-mk7-titanium-_rev003.jpg.5862e798be1e83e3db940ab9c8720998.jpg

Is there any chance of you getting a hold of all the part numbers of the HU, the modules and wires plus any other part you needed to get it all working?
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Is there any chance of you getting a hold of all the part numbers of the HU, the modules and wires plus any other part you needed to get it all working?

I would appreciate this too.

21 hours ago, ToXIcG said:

Are you sure this isn't just called the Bluetooth module?

Does it go behind the glovebox in the footwell?

17 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

10 hours ago, ToXIcG said:

I would appreciate this too.

SYNC does act as a bluetooth module but also provides a host of other functions as well. If you could send me the registration number of your cars I will get the part number of the wire that links the aerial to the head unit as there are a number of options depending on what is fitted to your vehicle.

If you are just wanting DAB then the items you require are as follow bar the wire I've just mentioned (All FINIS numbers):-

1559265 Aerial Mast

1738453  Aerial base

1748717 Aerial wire, runs to rear of car clips into aerial amplifier

1744786   Aerial amplifier

1767007 Wire, links aerial amplifier to ground plate

1780026 Aerial ground plate

If your car is fitted with the earlier style two piece plug for the head unit you will have to make an adapter of which details can be found here:- http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1479

There are a number of headunits that can be used depending on what exactly you want. If you could let me know exactly what you are wanting to put into your car I'll provide a tailored list to your requirements. I cannot advise on bluetooth because I haven't got that far with my car yet.   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club