Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climair Wind Deflectors

Jonny87

Fiesta Mk7 + Climair  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Climair on the Mk7...... Groovy or Gash?

• Groovy
    • Gash
  2. 2. But do you want some?

• Gimme some of those beauty's!
    • No way mate!

Been wondering for a while what effect climair would have on the look of the Fiesta, as its something I wouldn't mind getting. But I didnt want to risk forking out if the end result looked gash. Anyway, this morning I have finally found a really good set of pics! They're foreign so I have also included a translated link (although the translation itself is a bit gash :blink: )

Maybe the only/best set of Mk7 Climair pics on the web so I though it merited a posting on the forum :)

My main worry about fitting them was that they would stick out too much and be a bit of an eye-sore, mainly due to the fact that the windows are nearly flush with the frames.

Check the pics in the link and let me know via the poll your thoughts as to Climair either being a groovy or gash addition to the Mk7. Also let me know if you would put these on your own Mk7 in the second poll question. Any comments would also be appreciated

Links...

Foreign http://www.fiesta.tw/showthread.php?p=131004

Translated http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...hp%3Fp%3D131004

Wouldn't have them on my car to be honest, but they don't look massively bad so if you think they'd be useful go for it! :)

hmmm...

This was more or less the response I was expecting! To be honest I've always hated these things but for some reason I seem to have convinced myself that they are the way forward... Maybe I'm having an old man moment...

Plus also it would probably be a pain flicking !Removed! ash out the window with these on.

Cheers for the input guys, would be interesting to hear some reasoning from the person who voted these up.

I think need to find a pic of them on the mk7.

I love the translation...so funny!

Got them on a couple cars I had, very good for a cool breeze when its raining!

Piggy :)

"I have to fish in a big chair"

Worth it just for that. Idon't really like these deflectors, but what exactly do they do?

"I have to fish in a big chair"

Worth it just for that. Idon't really like these deflectors, but what exactly do they do?

They do all sorts apparantly. Check out the sites that sell them they have loads of reasons why you should buy. Here is a quote from one site:

ClimAir window deflectors optimise air circulation inside the vehicle by allowing the driver and passenger to have their windows open, thus not only preventing penetration of wind, rain and snow, but also reducing glare, misting and road noise.

Custom made in pairs, the deflectors are 3mm thick and manufactured from transparent, light-smoked Perspex. They are quick and easy to fit too; simply slot the deflector into the window channel - no clips, no screws and therefore no damage to the vehicle. They look an integral part of the car.

TUV approved and ABE licensed by the Federation of German Motoring Authorities, the deflectors are of high quality, developed to cope with extreme conditions such as fast driving speeds, strong winds, heavy rain and automatic car washes.

Also read somewhere that they improve fuel economy when the windows are down because the sides of the car remain aerodynamic, not sure how true that is though, maybe you go an extra 5 yards on a gallon or something

Our service department fitted some on a MK7 and they said it was easy but cause a problem that took ages to solve. The electric windows get to the top then sense something stopping them and go back down for safety. Took them ages to solve the problem to get the windows to shut and I not sure what they did in the end but they fixed it

I really like these, think they make a sporty additon.

Have been looking for a pair myself but just cant afford them at the moment :lol:

I’m not impressed with the photographs as they don’t really give you a good view but I had a set of these on my previous car and I may at some point go for a set from my local Ford dealer.

What do they do? :unsure:

Well surprisingly they do help deflect the wind but don’t expect a massive amount of difference between having or having not and they do help keep you dry when its raining and you need to open the window a little (eg - while sitting in the car at McD’s having a coffee)

I also found they help prevent over night frost on the side windows which was useful other than that not a lot, as for the fuel improvement I would think that’s so small you’ll never save the money these cost to buy in the first place. :D

HTH

Cyb

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club