Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy exhaust heat shield

jocojohn

Hi,

Can anyone help with a problem my son has with his 99 reg 1.6 Focus. The exhaust heat shield over the rear silencer box has come away from a couple of the fixing bolts and makes a terrible noise when going over even the slightest of bumps in the road.

As a last resort we could drill more holes into the car floor and fit self tapping screws but has anyone got an easier solution.

Thanks, John

ps. we have tried bending the shield into various positions towards and away from the exhaust but we cant quite silence it completely.

remoe the original fixing bolts and replace with large washers this will sort it out had the same issue and done that all sorted now

i also had a similar problem but mine was so bad i drilled a few holes and secured with pop rivets and large washers

i also had a similar problem but mine was so bad i drilled a few holes and secured with pop rivets and large washers

seems to be a common thing on all cars ive had if you do drill any holes then get waxoyl and underseal and give the holes a good dousing with that before or after you fit the bolts

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club