Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My MOT was today...

Michael P

Christ, and what for the tyres? That's a joke - don't you have 14 days to put the car right before a re-test? Absolute daylight robbery.

It costs £30 for a Mintex brake box (2x discs and 4x pads) for Focus for heaven's sake! Even my old ST170, I got 4x discs and 8x pads for £110 ... !

Fair enough if you've shelled nothing out, but I'd be pretty naffed off with those figures. My MKIV cost me a back box, new discs and pads and oil changes over four years. Nothing else broke on it - good car!

i know i've shelled out far too much, the last place i wanted to take it was kwik fit but there is nowhere else for miles that is in a suitable location. the tyres were the only reasonable thing!!! £40 for two of them. i wasn't expecting it at all though, very miffed. i've fallen slighly out of love with it :mellow:

You have my sympathy Mike, old cars can be !Removed! expensive :( hey'll be fine for ages then.. big bills! Mind you with brake pads, you could do them yourself. I used to with my panzer Audi 80 - cheap as chips! And I didn't die a suddent firey death when I went to brake :lol:

i know i've shelled out far too much, the last place i wanted to take it was kwik fit but there is nowhere else for miles that is in a suitable location. the tyres were the only reasonable thing!!! £40 for two of them. i wasn't expecting it at all though, very miffed. i've fallen slighly out of love with it :mellow:

TBH if your tyres were forty quid for two they wont last very long. STS are damn good with tyres, try them when your cheapo ones wear out in a few hundred miles

TBH if your tyres were forty quid for two they wont last very long. STS are damn good with tyres, try them when your cheapo ones wear out in a few hundred miles

we'll see what happens, at the moment i'm happy!

These things always seem to pop up and the wrong time of year :lol:

don't they just!

Gota think tho they must have needed doing....but did you get the MOT done at Kwikfit!??!!??

that is completely and utterly a rip off..I actually gasped out loud at 80quid for discs!!!

My local motor factors, ferrodo pads for your festa are 12quid and discs are 18quid...and thats with them making profit...

In fact apart from high end mercs and bmws and a few jap cars I cant ever remmember as a mechanic charging 80 for a pair of disc...ever!

Shame, would have been better to spend the 80 on tyres and 30 on brakes...and got better value for money!

But big thing here is its now safe to drive :)

lets just say i won't be using them again.

i was supposed to be getting it done through a mechanic friend who would have charged about £100 all in! but "miscommunication" prevented that from happening which !Removed! me off big time.

i can't do much now, its done now and the car is fixed and unloved!

Got into the car after work

"how did it go dad?"

"it passed...eventually"

it needed:

new brake discs, new brake pads, new tyres, new fluids and new bulbs

£420.

thats four hundred, and twenty pounds

not happy! not happy at all. im about to go and get £120 out the cash machine to pay my dad back

boo fecking hiss!

sorry how much?

mintex pads & discs are £32

new fluids at most £20

new bulbs if 1 has blown what £2?

and you can get a set of toyos brand new for your wheels for like £100 posted.

so there proberbly better tyres than you have and the rest i make £154 if you did it yourself.

what does it say on your invoice and how much did they charge for each thing?

i have to say that is rediculous and will nearly wright off the car :blink:

IT GOES A LITTLE BIT LIKE this (sorry, caps by accident!)

full ford service @£139.00

MOT @ £48.00

wheel balancing @ £11.00

eco tyre disposal @ £3.00

valves @ £7.00

wheel allignment @ £27.95

brake disks @ £82.40

brake fluids @ £29.95

brake pads @ £40.00

bulbs @ £14.00

2 tyres @ £46.00

total £420.60

i fully realise i've paid over the odds and i'm sure that half the cost of each item was labour to make it look like i've paid nothing for labour.

also just read i get free brake pads for as long as i own the car <tries to dig in !Removed! to find something vaguely good about it all>

Kwik fit are a bunch of useless !Removed! who dont know what they are doing. If you took it to a different garage a smaller one the chances are you would of passed. Kwik fit like to con their customers so id advise never using there services again. There mechnics dont have a clue and only want to make money.

Kwik fit are a bunch of useless !Removed! who dont know what they are doing. If you took it to a different garage a smaller one the chances are you would of passed. Kwik fit like to con their customers so id advise never using there services again. There mechnics dont have a clue and only want to make money.

Indeed. i never wanted to take it to them, i had no choice, promise!!

IT GOES A LITTLE BIT LIKE this (sorry, caps by accident!)

full ford service @£139.00

MOT @ £48.00

wheel balancing @ £11.00

eco tyre disposal @ £3.00

valves @ £7.00

wheel allignment @ £27.95

brake disks @ £82.40

brake fluids @ £29.95

brake pads @ £40.00

bulbs @ £14.00

2 tyres @ £46.00

total £420.60

i fully realise i've paid over the odds and i'm sure that half the cost of each item was labour to make it look like i've paid nothing for labour. IF i was you i would write a letter to some body ie: some kind of ombudsman to do with garages there is one some where or even contact trading standards and also inform quick fit in what you are doing i no a little bit of work to do but it is all worth it ..also get another quote or bill for same stuff. because £11 for wheel balancing is a lot a hell of a lot to say the least.

also just read i get free brake pads for as long as i own the car <tries to dig in !Removed! to find something vaguely good about it all>

we'll see what happens, at the moment i'm happy!

don't they just!

In future i would give kwick fit a wide birth there work and prices are &#33;Removed&#33; if your looking for a good garage go on to www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk

just put in your postcode and a list of garages will come up close to were you are and you get to read customers feedback on that garage if there good or bad ive used meself before and i have found a brilliant garage it saves you throwing money away with rip fit

In future i would give kwick fit a wide birth there work and prices are &#33;Removed&#33; if your looking for a good garage go on to www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk

just put in your postcode and a list of garages will come up close to were you are and you get to read customers feedback on that garage if there good or bad ive used meself before and i have found a brilliant garage it saves you throwing money away with rip fit

good site that, i have a small independent garage literally 20 seconds away and another 2miles away both come back at 100% feedback. :P

to be fair, i think michael has realised that he wont ever be using kwik fit again because he probably got ripped off but its all about learning is it not? done it once...never again sort of thing? whats done is done though

to be fair, i think michael has realised that he wont ever be using kwik fit again because he probably got ripped off but its all about learning is it not? done it once...never again sort of thing? whats done is done though

indeed i have. It's the labour that shoots up the prices, they just add it on to the final price of the item to make it seem like you're not paying for labour as a separate outgoing.

to be fair to them they did it very quick, but i paid the price for it, literally!

Ouch.

Didnt realise you went to Kwik Fit for the MOT!

Well, yeah, lesson learned. From a ex mechanics point of view from a VERY reputable garage, I could say that theres a 99% chance your brakes were fine, seriously, or maybe just wanted pads, but I bet the manager had them make a push on pads and discs that week....we even heard of place like BMW and VW doing similar things...such a crime really.

Lesson learnt bud!........

Just realised....YOUR FROM STAFFORD!!!???

Where abouts?

I lived in Stafford till I was 11 then moved to ye old Hereford! Was it the KwikFit in Stafford??

Piggy :) :)

Just realised....YOUR FROM STAFFORD!!!???

Where abouts?

I lived in Stafford till I was 11 then moved to ye old Hereford! Was it the KwikFit in Stafford??

Piggy :) :)

Small world!

yes, well, i live in a village called church eaton which is about 8 miles from stafford

and yes, the one in the roundabout :)

Ouch.

I lived in Stafford till I was 11 then moved to ye old Hereford!

where abouts were you ?

indeed i have. It's the labour that shoots up the prices, they just add it on to the final price of the item to make it seem like you're not paying for labour as a separate outgoing.

to be fair to them they did it very quick, but i paid the price for it, literally!

Gotta say I wouldn't use Kwikfit if I had a choice. But the one time I did use them they saved me! Was in my Mk4 at the time too :)

the guys at the one where i live are nice enough and the tyres are cheap too! its just convenient to drop the car off and then walk to work or get the bus to school.

where abouts were you ?

Used to be Queensville area nr St Leonards School, then just off the stoke road north end!! Second Avenue if I remmember correctly!! Near a primary school!

Piggy :)