Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus tdci power loss

pocusfocus

Guys got a problem with my mk1 tdci focus it revs slow! .. but when it is in gears and i drive it dosent go over 3.7 revs its like its lacking power.. turbo sounds ok and no noise what can it be?? It will go 4k revs when in 3rd 4th 5th... no codes on dashcheck it does smoke on low revs not alot.

When was oil air fuel filters last changed ?

I had the same problem with my mk2 , it turned out to be the turbo pressure solenoid that was clogged. I took off the old one cleaned it out but the filters inside had perished beyond repair, so I

bought one from eBay and its runs just fine now . just as a suggestion but if your mk 1 has one of these try replacing that. good luck!

Edited by cgriff40
spelling mistake!

3 hours ago, cgriff40 said:

I had the same problem with my mk2 , it turned out to be the turbo pressure solenoid that was clogged. I took off the old one cleaned it out but the filters inside had perished beyond repair, so I bought one from ebay and its runs just fine now . just as a suggestion but if your mk 1 has one of these try replacing that. good luck!

Where exactly is that turbo pressure solenoid?

Something I found: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=880

I had this (unexpected) problem with (vacuum?) hose, probably not related, but just an idea what can go wrong.

10 hours ago, Dennis the meance said:

When was oil air fuel filters last changed ?

7 months ago i did a full service 

5 hours ago, cgriff40 said:

I had the same problem with my mk2 , it turned out to be the turbo pressure solenoid that was clogged. I took off the old one cleaned it out but the filters inside had perished beyond repair, so I

bought one from ebay and its runs just fine now . just as a suggestion but if your mk 1 has one of these try replacing that. good luck!

Yeh i have been searching on the net similar posts have said the same. I do think myself its something to do with turbo ill have a look at that cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club