• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

pocusfocus

Focus tdci power loss

Guys got a problem with my mk1 tdci focus it revs slow! .. but when it is in gears and i drive it dosent go over 3.7 revs its like its lacking power.. turbo sounds ok and no noise what can it be?? It will go 4k revs when in 3rd 4th 5th... no codes on dashcheck it does smoke on low revs not alot.

I had the same problem with my mk2 , it turned out to be the turbo pressure solenoid that was clogged. I took off the old one cleaned it out but the filters inside had perished beyond repair, so I

bought one from ebay and its runs just fine now . just as a suggestion but if your mk 1 has one of these try replacing that. good luck!

Edited by cgriff40
spelling mistake!

3 hours ago, cgriff40 said:

I had the same problem with my mk2 , it turned out to be the turbo pressure solenoid that was clogged. I took off the old one cleaned it out but the filters inside had perished beyond repair, so I bought one from ebay and its runs just fine now . just as a suggestion but if your mk 1 has one of these try replacing that. good luck!

Where exactly is that turbo pressure solenoid?

Something I found: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=880

I had this (unexpected) problem with (vacuum?) hose, probably not related, but just an idea what can go wrong.

5 hours ago, cgriff40 said:

I had the same problem with my mk2 , it turned out to be the turbo pressure solenoid that was clogged. I took off the old one cleaned it out but the filters inside had perished beyond repair, so I

bought one from ebay and its runs just fine now . just as a suggestion but if your mk 1 has one of these try replacing that. good luck!

Yeh i have been searching on the net similar posts have said the same. I do think myself its something to do with turbo ill have a look at that cheers