Do Not Sell My Personal Information

heated windscreen help

3ll

I am having a few issues with my heated windscreen on my mk2 Estate, only the passenger half appears to be working! 

Is this an easy fix or will I be looking at something expensive! 

There are usually 2 separate fuses for the left and right sides. Also check if the power ribbon has snapped where it connects to the screen as that can be a common failure point too.

brill i'll have a look.. if the ribbon has snapped is this an easy fix? 

A snapped ribbon will in 99% of all cases result in a new windscreen.

18 minutes ago, 3ll said:

brill i'll have a look.. if the ribbon has snapped is this an easy fix? 

As JW says ideally it would be a new screen but some members have repaired theirs. I personally would replace if it is snapped as i dont really like the idea of joining it back together either bolted through or adding choc blocks due to the high current and temps. Both methods are self repairs done by people on here. Hopefully its just one of your fuses have gone for an easy fix.

It could be that a very small stone chip has busted your element on the one side or even just going over a speed bump can do the same you may not see this. If you have one use a multimeater on DC if it reads round about 12Volts then you fuse is O.K if not then the fuse could be U/S .As the others say check your ribbon connector a common problem with snapping and is the most likely thing that has happened ( sometimes you can fix this). Also check the connector to the ribbon is not corroded as this will cause a high resistance and the screen will not work just give it a clean if it is .T.B.H it is more than likely that a new screen will be needed in the end. Fingers crossed its just the fuse.

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look in the morning :) 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club