Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical problem with mk7 fiesta HELP

nickmylipple

It's a very strange problem two or three times a week when I unlock my car with the remote everything in the car shuts off and when I open the door it comes back but I have to reset the clock and once a month ish it does it when I lock the car so when I come back to my car to unlock it with the key does it at strange times sometimes like the other day I turned the claimant control off and everything flicked off and back on and also from time to time when I lock the car the mirrors don't go in so I have to unlock and lock again

have changed the stereo in the car and most of light bulbs as well as the rear lights

This is the problem with smartarse electronics. I'm confident that your local dealer has zero idea about this stuff. What chance has a typical grease monkey/service professional have? Something less than zero.

The result? Megabucks.

The answer? We're being screwed.

Ford reply? Tough we don't know.

Some backroom smartarse/we don't know either.

Edited by alexp999
bypassing swear filter

I think you need a good auto electrician :sad:

Hi if I was you I would check the Earth connections behind the dash area not sure where they are possible by the fuse box or by the door pillars had a similar problem to this on a previous car it was just a loose Earth connection. Usually held by a bolt just loosen fixing bolt make sure good solid connection maybe more than 1 connection point sorry I have not got a wiring Diagram to be sure where Earth points are.

buzzy

earth location are given in the haynes manual :smile:

• Like 1

i had a problem like yours but was a mk4 . water got into the pcm unit due to the sunroof leaking... might have nothing to do with it but if you have a sunroof  keep a check for a wet floor well..

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update over the past few weeks i noticed it's 90% something to do with water as it's always better when it doesn't rain and then Thursday it was fine in the morning but it started raining heavily whilst I was out and it got bad so I had a good look over the car the next day and noticed a small crack in the indicator on the wing mirror and if my water sitting inside so i replaced that Saturday and it hasn't done it since which is about the longest it's been so fingers crossed

So I'm guess my question now is do you think and that could have caused it water in the wing mirror

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club