Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio in Ford Fiesta MK5 6000CD - fitting aux

dr.rob

I was hoping to add an aux lead by plugging the cable that is shown in the picture into the port for CD changer based on a video I had seen at some point. On pulling out the radio it didn't look on the back like the one in video and there weren't any labels. Is my plan possible?

Cheers

Rob

back of radio.jpg

radio.jpg

wire.jpg

The connector plugs in as shown on the following image, the connector will only go in one way round.

You need to either remove the main quadlock connector from the radio.

Alternatively push in the connector with the quadlock in location (especially if you don't have your radio's security keycode).

Make sure you push the aux connector in straight so as to not damage the 3 pins on the back of the radio (they are very small and easily damaged).

5867e16ae81f8_backofradio.jpg.d84b400717acab0a562f6f14bb852081.jpg

I include my diagram of the full quadlock layout so you can confirm ther orientation of the connectors-

Quadlock layout 010117.jpg

As an aside, your radio has the aux button on it so therefore the socket was only ever designed for an aux cable connector.

Radios fitted for external changers would have a 'CDDJ' button instead (and be incompatible with an aux cable without an interface module).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club