Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta spec

thecarpman

im looking into leasing a fiesta and fancy a top spec was looking at the 1.0 ecoboost titanium or the x and the 1.5 diesel titanium econetic or the navigation not sure what the difference in the specs are just wondering if the difference in mpg would sway me rather than the odd gadet

Obviously the diesel will be better for MPG but obviously no use in owning a diesel unless you do a lot of miles and do plenty motorway runs, you'll have more torque with the diesel, personally I enjoy driving diesels more than petrol but that's because I've got it down when to shift gears which some people don't so they class them as boring, either way running costs are about the same diesel maybe a bit more due to more frequent oil changes and fuel filter replacements.

All in all my self I'd get the petrol for low mileage and diesel for high mileage.

im probably only doing 5.000 miles a year mostly london driving and the occasional trip on the motorway

1 minute ago, thecarpman said:

im probably only doing 5.000 miles a year mostly london driving and the occasional trip on the motorway

Yeah I'd definitely go for the petrol model on that mileage.

I have the 1 litre ecobost titanium model. I do just under 5000 miles a year all in town and it returns around 40 mpg.   If I was to part with it for any reason I'd want to replace it with exactly the same model.

• Like 1

1.0 ecoboost titanium 125 here, love it. Beats the old 96bhp XR2 MkII. About 3k a year, how Bobr gets 40 I don't know, I get around 33 or less, but then I don't hang around or pootle at 30mph.

Hit the go pedal, change at ~3k rpm and observe everything. Watch for speed cams and talk yourself (out loud) through the drive (really enjoyable), you'll love it. You won't care about the mpg.

I have the Titanium X 1.0 123 Ecoboost.  With regard to specs.  Over the Titanium you get half leather, parking camera, start/stop button and keyless entry.  That's pretty much it.  My car also has the sat nav, front parking sensors and the brake assist thing.

I am appreciating the keyless entry more than I ever thought I would.  And the sensors are great.

My car also appears to have had the optional crap build quality pack.  The interior rattles like a tin of nails, the alternator needs replacing (or there is a wiring problem), and the clutch is knackered too (although I am going to have to start getting aggressive with Ford over this one).  And of course Ford's service is utterly crap.  Be it online sales, the dealers, customer services.  The whole lot is rotten to the core.

Some other bits there to think about before committing yourself :)  But as it's a lease, you may not care!

15 hours ago, winemart2 said:

1.0 ecoboost titanium 125 here, love it. Beats the old 96bhp XR2 MkII. About 3k a year, how Bobr gets 40 I don't know, I get around 33 or less, but then I don't hang around or pootle at 30mph.

Hit the go pedal, change at ~3k rpm and observe everything. Watch for speed cams and talk yourself (out loud) through the drive (really enjoyable), you'll love it. You won't care about the mpg.

Does yours have stop/start Ray?   I think this might make quite a difference.   All my driving is in Nottingham which has about a million and a half traffic lights.

All the petrol 1.0 have stop start I'm afraid.

I owned a 125 Titanium and Titanium X. Brilliant little car and very nippy as standard. 

The navigation option is satnav which doesn't normally come as standard.

7 hours ago, Bobr said:

Does yours have stop/start Ray?   I think this might make quite a difference.   All my driving is in Nottingham which has about a million and a half traffic lights.

Yep, stop/start. That is the 2nd button I press EVERY time I start it.

How else can you get the fastest slight tyre squeal at the lights? :biggrin:

It's really amazing how a 1 litre (with a 68 year old f a r t) can leave these boy racers for dead.

Hit 2k5 to 3k rpm and virtually dump the clutch (1 up), not too often. I've broken a drive shaft or 2 in an A35 van.

Brilliant. It beats the c r a p out of my new (as was) 85 XR2.

I really enjoy driving but following 30mph pootlers drives me insane. They should park, stay at home, get off their phones or wake-up and watch for cameras/plod.

I'll prolly get nicked tomorrow :biggrin: I can recommend the IAM driving course.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club