Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 Cruise Control Fitting

JamieSMcC

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has had any success on activating CC on the Mk3.5 Focus. I have seen a couple of steering wheels on eBay and have read the guide which shows the Mk3 procedure. 

Wondering if it's the same procedure? And if I would need extra wiring looms?

Cheers for any help.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cant say i heard of anyone fitting it but i might be wrong :smile:

I've bought a steering wheel with CC attached,

Will see how I get on!

• Like 1

Be interesting to no if it does :smile:

• Like 1

Retrofitting Cruise Control to a Focus MK3.5 can be done without any problems. The procedure is exactly the same as the procedure for the Focus MK3. The only difference is the shape of the steering wheel. The Focus MK3 and MK3.5 Cruise Control system is basically the same. As a matter of fact the Focus MK3 and MK3.5 steering wheels are interchangeable.

A complete MK3.5 steering wheel with Cruise Control buttons should come with the correct steering wheel wiring. Apart from the activation process the installation should be plug and play.

Note that the FoCCCus software does only have limited support for the Focus MK3.5. Some BCM/IPC hardware version numbers are supported while other hardware version numbers are not supported. As an alternative the Forscan software can be used. However this requires the extended licence which can be obtained for free after registration on the Forscan website. 

• Like 1

Many thanks :) 

i hope FoCCCus works. Is the ForScan procedure the same? Or do you have the guide for using ForScan to do it?

Jamie 

Received the steering wheel, no wiring sent out with it so waiting on the seller posting this out to me.

Then onto getting the wheel fitted and programmed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates or news regarding the software / programming? I've recently bought a 2016 focus zetec s 1.5tdci and I'm looking to carry out this upgrade.

Any ideas if this would effect my manufacturers warranty, Would a dealer be able to tell and therefore stop a claim?

I've found a new steering wheel with all switches / wiring present, hopefully its just a plug and switch on job :)

Cheers

To tell the truth i do not think dealer would care and remember how was your car factory equipped and say "ouuu is that a CC on your steering wheel...your warranty is over"

I already did the engine software upgrade and they didn't notice and also i plan to add the automated parking assistant. 

On 19/01/2017 at 2:35 PM, Bannko said:

To tell the truth i do not think dealer would care and remember how was your car factory equipped and say "ouuu is that a CC on your steering wheel...your warranty is over"

I already did the engine software upgrade and they didn't notice and also i plan to add the automated parking assistant. 

My opinion too, providing the vehicle doesn't have random can bus errors that are related. 

So it's just the programming to sort out, focccus or forscan? 

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update:

Received the missing wiring, and had a bit of spare time this morning.

Went out to fit the wheel, was able to remove the trim around the wheel to get into the airbag release, but just can't get the airbag out.

Dont want to put much force on it or break anything!

Any ideas or a set of instructions? The Mk3.5 wheel & airbag is different from the Mk3.

is the same as mk3 for removing. jw1982 has posted instructions on one of his build threads, will look to see if i can link on here for you. 

• Like 1

just read your first post, so you have allready looked at jw1982 guide.

Yes,

It's different holes you need to put the screwdriver into, as the two shown on the original guide don't exist on the Mk3.5.

I can see where I need to remove the airbag from, just not having any luck freeing it from the wheel itself. 

googled these images,  are mk3.5 images i found. 

1486306553823-693636541.jpg

1486306478446-471732825.jpg

14863065061511613880031.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Top man! Thank you!

Will keep these saved for my next attempt.

I seriously struggled taking out the airbag on mine so just be patient and don't go crazy.

Also make sure you keep touching your door striker while removing the airbag to discharge any static! disconnecting the battery is obvious :)

• Like 1

On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Bannko said:

I didnt buy another focus i was looking at before i got my present one as it didnt have cruise control. The dealer were a bit iffy on getting a wheel in with at and activating. The nail in the coffin was ford tellig the dealer if they did this then the brand new car had no warranty.

I thought a bit of a strange respones from ford themselves as its basically an option that would have been fitted at aain dealer.

Well putting into your car an additional equipment is not allowed for the dealers. And when i bought my car they told me the same - nothing can be additionally added.

I know that some of the dealers do it unofficial.

But in general it is better not to tell or ask anything to your dealer :D hehe. 

• 1 month later...

Any update James? 

I've just bought my 3.5 focus and want to install cc. Any update be much appreciated. 

On 1/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, JamieSMcC said:

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has had any success on activating CC on the Mk3.5 Focus. I have seen a couple of steering wheels on eBay and have read the guide which shows the Mk3 procedure. 

Wondering if it's the same procedure? And if I would need extra wiring looms?

Cheers for any help.

Jamie

Any update mate?

I'd also like an update on this. Wheel is fitted and the switches do not work as expected. Modified ELM lead should be here tomorrow so may have a play over the weekend!

Still not had a chance to get it fitted sorry!

Will update when I can. 

Did you get anywhere Harni?

• 2 weeks later...

It's all gone quiet? Is that a bad sign?

I've found a garage that has the ford IDS obd software, how does this process compare to using the Foccus or forscan software? Can it be done using the IDS software?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm looking to get cracking but before i buy a new wheel I want to make sure this is really possible.