Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Sports Pedals

tsk123

New owner. Looking to add sports pedals to 2012 Focus. 

I've searched the forums and can find references to 'aluminium', 'sports', 'alloy' and 'cheap Chinese' pedals but can't see any part numbers. 

As I understand it, there isn't a dedicated part for Mk3 Focus pedals, therefore I need to fit one of: 

1534068 - Fiesta 2008-2013

1534426 - Focus 2007-2011

1835213 - Fiesta 2013+

Any advice appreciated. 1534068 is my preference. 1534426 seems identical to 1534068 with the addition of a foot rest.

You can order the brake and clutch pedals direct from Ford, you'll need the Finis part number (I can look this up if needed, or any dealer can).

The throttle pedal cover is not available separately but comes as an entire pedal assembly.

I found a breakers selling one on eBay for my 2012 Focus when I had it, and just took the cover off and fitted it to my standard pedal.

Otherwise you'll need a cheap chinese/ebay one.

I wouldn't recommend a cheap copy for the brake and clutch though as you need good safe grip on those pedals.

The Finis part number would be great, thank you.

I found 1757470 but live chat to FordPartsUK couldn't confirm if that was for a Mk3 Focus and said that no part was listed for my vehicle.

3 hours ago, tsk123 said:

The Finis part number would be great, thank you.

I found 1757470 but live chat to FordPartsUK couldn't confirm if that was for a Mk3 Focus and said that no part was listed for my vehicle.

That's the one, fits on both brake and clutch.

Big thanks to both of you.

I'll order both sets and see how the quality compares. 

2 hours ago, Bannko said:

I bought those too, great for the price. They fit well, only thing is I had to superglue on the metal pieces to the brake and clutch pedal as they kept falling off! 

Just now, chrisroberson99 said:

I bought those too, great for the price. They fit well, only thing is I had to superglue on the metal pieces to the brake and clutch pedal as they kept falling off! 

Sounds really safe.....

No it's only the metal cover (whole pedal is included) that needed glueing on, the pedal itself is perfectly fine and fits as it should. 

15 minutes ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Do these pedal covers bolt on?

The Ford ones for the brake and clutch have a rubber back and "slip" on like the standard rubber ones.

The Chinese aftermarket pedal covers are also a direct fit without any screws or bolts. These replacements come with replacement rubber pedal covers and the stainless steel inserts. The replacement rubber covers have the same fitment as the standard rubber pedal covers. The stainless steel inserts have tabs which needs to be bent to secure them on the rubber pedal cover.

I bought a Chinese aftermarket pedal cover kit a few Months ago from eBay for about €7,- including P&P. I was actually quite impressed by the quality of this product. The rubber pedal covers and the laser cut stainless steel inserts are a perfect fit and look very nice.   

• Like 1

The Chinese aftermarket pedal covers are also a direct fit without any screws or bolts. These replacements come with replacement rubber pedal covers and the stainless steel inserts. The replacement rubber covers have the same fitment as the standard rubber pedal covers. The stainless steel inserts have tabs which needs to be bent to secure them on the rubber pedal cover.

I bought a Chinese aftermarket pedal cover kit a few Months ago from eBay for about €7,- including P&P. I was actually quite impressed by the quality of this product. The rubber pedal covers and the laser cut stainless steel inserts are a perfect fit and look very nice.   

JW1982

Any links to which ones you ordered.
Cheers

I've just ordered 3 sets:

Genuine 1757470 from Rates-Ford via eBay £11.87 each.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Brake-Clutch-Pedal-Pad-1757470-/272378563774

Unbranded from China via eBay £6.99 set.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Steel-car-pedal-Pads-Cover-for-MT-Maual-Ford-Focus-2-focus-3-Escape-/272166665679

Unbranded from amazon £14.29 set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00T2DO1D8

I'm expecting the last two to be very similar if not identical. 

I'll report back on the differences between the 3 sets should anyone be interested.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Any links to which ones you ordered.

Cheers

You can also use the link as i posted above. They are the same as JW1982 has described. The quality is perfect i think. 

• 2 weeks later...
All 3 sets of pedals now arrived. 

The set from amazon and eBay are identical.

Ford 
lightly grained, matt appearance, single piece construction rubber
- stainless steel cover bonded to rubber 
- 32g (brake/clutch pedal)
- £11.87 (brake,clutch)
- £50 (throttle)
- £73.94 set, 3 day delivery

Amazon/eBay
-  smooth, slightly shiny appearance, two piece rubber construction
- lighter, thinner, smaller stainless steel cover clipped onto rubber
- 30g (brake/clutch pedal)
-  £14.29 set, 1 day delivery from amazon
-  £6.99 set, 9 day delivery eBay

While there are differences in construction, they are likely to be aesthetically identical when installed in a footwell.

Personally, I went with the Ford parts. If the rubber for the throttle pedal was also available as a single part I think it would be an easy decision to use them. The quality of the Chinese alternative has been vouched for by other members so using either set would be a great modification.  

No durability issues have been reported, but it was the two piece construction of the rubber and the difference in the flexibility of the top and bottom lip of the rubber which swing it for me. I also had a likely unfounded fear that an insurance adjuster may take a dim view of the use of non-genuine parts in this area.

It would be interesting to if there are differences between the Chinese alternative from different suppliers. 

Chinese alternative stainless steel clip plate on top of Ford pedal.

IMG_20170113_151139.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club