Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 2011 Sony Dab Radio Bluetooth Issues

Carefree-Danny

Good Morning,

I'm new to the forums hope somebody can help me. I have a 2011 focus mk3 Sony Dab radio with navigation and voice control and I'm having problems with Streaming music through it. I have a iPhone 6 with the most up to date firmware and I've also upgraded the firmware on the radio to the 2012 update witch I found on the internet. when I play music it makes a popping and crackling sound it also does it when I play music through the usb connector in the glove box.

I mainly stream music through the Spotify app witch is also the latest version. I've tried to unpair my phone from the radio, also tried to reset the radio by disconnecting the battery but it still had most of my setting saved I've also restored my iPhone to factory settings but still no joy.

any help would be greatly appreciated   

You probably have not updated the radio, but the connectivity box (Sync 1). 

Have you tried other phones (both iPhone and Android)?

When you play via USB, is that also with the phone or with a thumb drive?

hi Thomas,

I have tried other phones and I still get the same problem. also when I play through the usb its with the phone. is there a way of doing a master reset on the unit? not sure if its Sync 1

You won't have Sync 1 on a 2011 Focus. It will be the old pre-sync system.

Crackling is normally a poor connection, but as bluetooth and usb is digital, I would guess it's a problem between the bluetooth/USB module and the head unit.

I believe the bluetooth/USB module is in the passenger footwell, might be worth unplugging the connector and plugging it back in to make sure the connection is good at that end.

Hi Alex,

thanks for the reply. I have just checked in the passenger footwell and can not locate it, I've also taken the glove box off and its not there either any ideas where else it could be?

so after months of having this problem all of a sudden its disappeared. I've done nothing to it apart from remove the glove box the only I can think of is when I removed the glove box I had to disconnect the cables for the aux and usb. maybe that was causing the problem. but so far its gone so not sure if it a intermittent fault.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club