Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using foCCUS on a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium X

itscraig

hello,

i've have my car for arround 3 weeks now and i've  decided that i would try and enable auto locking

so i bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122269834510?euid=66057eeea35e4967802ff7eb5d2d6899&bu=43453693169&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

the drivers that came on a disk with the cable would not install

so i downloaded them directly from http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

the laptop i use is running on windows 8

when i try and connect to the car using foCCus or ELMConfig ... nothing

ive contacted the seller from eBay ... nothing ...

can anyone whos used this kind of setup before offer me any help before it all goes in the bin ...

thanks ....

• Like 1

Hi dezwz

thanks for the quick reply ..

i will download it and give it a try and let you know how it goes ..

Try connecting with forscan software. With my elm and windows8 or 10 it won't connect with car using focus software unless I connect briefly with forscan

I'm having issues with that type of cable,

I bought one and it went faulty, got sent a replacement. Whilst awaiting on the replacement I bought another (so it would arrive quicker). The first replacement has now died on me and the one I bought is still working. 

My original replacement isn't recognised by Windows, FoCCCus or ForScan and the 2nd one I bought connects straight away and is recognised on all software. 

The one I bought has a 3 year "warranty" but wondering if anyone can recommend a more quality cable?

• Like 1

i can connect through Forscan ....

1 hour ago, itscraig said:

hello,

i've have my car for arround 3 weeks now and i've  decided that i would try and enable auto locking

so i bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122269834510?euid=66057eeea35e4967802ff7eb5d2d6899&bu=43453693169&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

the drivers that came on a disk with the cable would not install

so i downloaded them directly from http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

the laptop i use is running on windows 8

when i try and connect to the car using foCCus or ELMConfig ... nothing

ive contacted the seller from ebay ... nothing ...

can anyone whos used this kind of setup before offer me any help before it all goes in the bin ...

thanks ....

Is it a Mk3 or Mk3.5 2014?

Elmconfig doesn't work with my 3.5 but did with my 3.

not sure ???

foCCCus isnt working either ..

does the cable need to run at a minimum speed ??

did you try foccus after connecting with forscan straight
after?

I bought one also from eBay did not connect, they just said return it, and sent me another one which worked. Same type as yours.

v530anh

thats my next on my list ... contact the seller  again ... and tell them im going to send it them back ... either a replacement or a full refund

• Like 1

I think the CP210xVCP drivers did not work, the ones that I used were ELMConfig drivers  using windows 8.1 with latest version of forscan. Of course ELMConfig will not work on a mk1 focus.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club