Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding DRL LED headlights to non-LED fiesta 2014

lewisthemusician

Hi guys, glad to be part of this community.

I am replacing my front headlights on my Fiesta (Jan 2014) zetec 1L ecoboost. I am currently using the normal non-LED headlights and was wondering if it's possible to simply swap in the LED DRL headlights or will it not be compatible with my fiesta?

I have searched everywhere and can't find an  answer to this.

Never done this myself, but previous post regards fitting the LED lights suggest that the plug is different and if you convert the plug the system will need updating by Ford. Add to that the cost of Fiesta headlights at around £200 each, new.

I cannot rememeber anyone saying that they have successfully carried it out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, karl46 said:

Never done this myself, but previous post regards fitting the LED lights suggest that the plug is different and if you convert the plug the system will need updating by Ford. Add to that the cost of Fiesta headlights at around £200 each, new.

I cannot rememeber anyone saying that they have successfully carried it out.

Ahh okay, I will abandon this idea then. Thanks for the response.

are daytime lights a good idea on cars?

well, I think there is a downside.

cars with daytime lights seem to have speedo illumination lights on all of the time.

I often see cars in the dark without their lights on (no rear lights / daytime lights on front).

In the past, the fact that you could not see your speedo made you realise you can forgotten to put your lights on. Now that does not happen as the speedo is illuminated all of the time. Who at the makers thought it was a good idea to have speedo illumination on all of the time?

They did a test between cars with and without drls  and cars with drls are a lot easier to see during the day and been proven with a significant  lower percentage to be in a crash with drls hence why all cars that are out now have drls 

People have had successful time rewiring the lights to fit drls headlights but and a massive but it's hard to do 

I know someone a while back did it by buying a drl module and doing it that way as the lights dim down when indicator is on but again it's all hard to do 

What I suggest is going to www.Autobeam.co.uk and getting drls from there which is in the fog cover can even be a indicator too and to sweeten the deal use "JDOU10" to get 10% off 

Ps all mk7.5 fiesta have drls just aren't led

i didn't word it very well.  I wasn't really trying to criticise drls, it was more about the way manufacturers have the speedo illumination lights on all of the time which seems to coincide with drls (I accept I don't know about every make/model) and that seems to have caused more people to be driving without the proper lights on at night without them realising they are doing it.

• Like 1