Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Does anybody here have a problem with me, like the fact I may ask too many questions partially as I have a learning difficulty (dyspraxia) ? do you have a problem with people like me with a disability using this site ??

Fastlife91

I work in an environment where coming into contact with people suffering from a wide and varied range of mental / physical conditions is a daily occurrence.

I am an experienced Mental Health First Aider and have had instances of literally 'talking someone down from the ledge', not a nice situation to get into as it applies a great level of risk to me personally.

I think that there is a tendency nowadays to label mental health and learning difficulty conditions too readily in order to pidgeonhole them, and satisfy the need to be able to audit or quantify the figures by people who just want to score points from within their company / agency / authority.

There was never any labelling of ADHD or Autism in my school years, kids were just 'naughty'.

Labelling someone with a particular syndrome (in my personal view) is counter-productive and serves no other purpose than to allow some authority a means to satisfy a culture whereby numbers (no matter how worthless) ensure that they have a job collating junk data, whilst tagging some poor sufferer that really only wants help not a statistic in a box on someones spreadsheet.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GaryPL said:

CorsaD-UK by any chance jace1969?

Yes mate,there is a few on there not nice and that's putting it in a nice way.

Most are nice there. Am a fairly long-standing, although inactive, member on account of having a Corsa D for 3.5 years!

But I will say that you get a lot of gobby, c0cky late teens and early 20s sorts there as Corsas are cheap, easily modified lumps. List count of the number of threads on there about racing around streets and generally glorifying irresponsible behaviour.

• Like 1

I was going to make a joke about not knowing Corsa owners could write let alone understand grammar, but that's probably not appropriate for this thread. :tongue::laugh:  

But seriously, I'm one of those grammar *****, seeing the wrong type of your or there makes me want to correct it so badly...I even used to correct my dyslexic mates essays for him back in the day, no autocorrect then lol.  I do try not to correct people on forums and Facebook anymore though, honestly didn't realise it'd upset people until quite recently, so just let it silently irritate me instead now. :lol:  

If it's any consolation, I can write pretty well but suck at talking...something most people seem to be able to do naturally lol. :laugh:  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I was going to make a joke about not knowing Corsa owners could write let alone understand grammar, but that's probably not appropriate for this thread. :tongue::laugh:  

But seriously, I'm one of those grammar *****, seeing the wrong type of your or there makes me want to correct it so badly...I even used to correct my dyslexic mates essays for him back in the day, no autocorrect then lol.  I do try not to correct people on forums and Facebook anymore though, honestly didn't realise it'd upset people until quite recently, so just let it silently irritate me instead now. :lol:  

If it's any consolation, I can write pretty well but suck at talking...something most people seem to be able to do naturally lol. :laugh:  

Shall I? Shan't I?  Yeah, I can't resist.  Errors highlighted in red :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist!  *shakes TomsFocus's hand*

• Like 2

:laugh::lol:

What's wrong with the commas, should they be semi colons or something? 

Your write about mates tho, should have an apostrophe. One bad mistake while typing on a phone on the toilet is ok imo. :tongue:

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm exactly the same and usually have impeccable grammar...  Unless I am "under the influence", then it goes a bit wonky!

"Mates" should have an apostrophe though... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

There is always someone that take the mick never take it to heart half of them are half whits who don't have anything better in life than give people grief and belittle people just ignore them

• Like 1

The first one should be a full stop.  Second could get away with a semi colon, but I'd prefer another full stop and a slight restructuring of the proceeding sentence. Third one is a full stop again, with an "I" adding.

It was interesting in one sense though, as your writing style implies how you speak :)

And ewww. I shook your hand whilst you were on the toilet!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

The first one should be a full stop.  Second could get away with a semi colon, but I'd prefer another full stop and a slight restructuring of the proceeding sentence. Third one is a full stop again, with an "I" adding.

It was interesting in one sense though, as your writing style implies how you speak :)

And ewww. I shook your hand whilst you were on the toilet!

Ah, that is interesting. (Long pause) Maybe I'll have to slow down a bit and use more full stops in future. :biggrin:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Most are nice there. Am a fairly long-standing, although inactive, member on account of having a Corsa D for 3.5 years!

But I will say that you get a lot of gobby, c0cky late teens and early 20s sorts there as Corsas are cheap, easily modified lumps. List count of the number of threads on there about racing around streets and generally glorifying irresponsible behaviour.

Most are yes but just the few the same as anywhere and you hit it smack on how you put it...........Gobby people on there but only selected few but that's enough to get to you.

I have to say i did put my foot in it one time,i said 'has anyone gone from a corsa to a fiesta and does anyone know what the fiesta was like' lol.

Went down very well as i never knew about this site as still had the corsa,sometimes (meaning me) you do put your foot right in your mouth and ask for it,all good fun.

But there is a limit where a joke can turn to very bad insults,we all have to give and take in life but there is limit  to everything and know when to stop.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2017 at 2:18 PM, jace1969 said:

This is a massive problem on a lot of sites,i do find this site one of the best for a nice bunch of people when i ask things about stuff as i do a lot.

The big problem i had was punctuality and not the best speller and i will name the site ''Corsa'' site when i had my corsa and not all but a few on there got me down in a massive way to the stage i just left the site and to this day never been back on there,it was a hand full of people and replying to each others reply to make it worse.

So mark  (fastlife91) i do know 100% what you are saying,i tend to bite back a bit now to counter act the joke with a joke and if they know its not getting to you they change.

It can be a nasty world these days out there and i bet everyone on here in some way have been through some rough times like these,keep going mark.

thank you very much

Indeed I shall keep going, 

I dont know much about rabbits, nor am i a vet, but i can teach you how to use a multimeter, as i teach wanabee electricians how to become electricians, and i teach electrical inspection and testing to those who want to improve. Just ask. happy to help.

@sirKit Breaker I have a multimeter, it was on a lightening deal with amazon. It's great, has a dially thing, a screen and 2 stabby metal prongs on it and 2 snaky bits with clips on the end. At the moment it is holding down some paper so it doesn't blow away, i can't help thinking it could do more though! I have no clue how to use it, I thought you just either clipped the wires onto where you wanted to check or touch the metal pins to the two contacts etc but nope, more to it! So I may ask for help now and again if it's an open offer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 16/01/2017 at 0:04 AM, Jonro2009 said:

@sirKit Breaker I have a multimeter, it was on a lightening deal with Amazon. It's great, has a dially thing, a screen and 2 stabby metal prongs on it and 2 snaky bits with clips on the end. At the moment it is holding down some paper so it doesn't blow away, i can't help thinking it could do more though! I have no clue how to use it, I thought you just either clipped the wires onto where you wanted to check or touch the metal pins to the two contacts etc but nope, more to it! So I may ask for help now and again if it's an open offer

You are supposed to clip those clip thingies to your nipples, ill leave the rest to your imagination lol

• Like 3

On 1/15/2017 at 11:19 PM, SirKit Breaker said:

I dont know much about rabbits, nor am i a vet, but i can teach you how to use a multimeter, as i teach wanabee electricians how to become electricians, and i teach electrical inspection and testing to those who want to improve. Just ask. happy to help.

your name seems familiar to me

i'm sure we've met on a certain electrical forum.....

;-) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stef123 said:

Don't worry, he won't be replying. His stupidity got him banned lol

Are you serious!? 

EDIT: Just realised you probably meant "SirKit Breaker" and not "fastlife91"...  Oh well!

• Like 1

Sorry my bad, thought the post was referring to Fastlife. I'll delete my comment to save confusion lol 

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Fastlife is gone too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Praise the Lord!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Fastlife is gone too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Happeeeeeee!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/01/2017 at 4:37 PM, GaryPL said:

Yep been there done that with a corsa b. The only thing l got was why didn't you clean the engine bay and l should do this that and the other. Well l did do this that and the other all my own way now that filter and breather sits in another corsa b without the knowledge of how l actually made a ford filter fit a Vauxhall lol

12983446_1715772745372357_4156260674375949789_o.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club