Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Ford Focus USB retrofit

Lukeyboy

Hi there.

New member here.
I have recently brought a 2008 Ford Focus st3 with a factory standard Sony headunit, it has bluetooth for phone calls and voice command. Now I have an auxiliary port for my iPod in the glove box, but no USB port so this doesn't allow me to control the iPod or show song titles etc through the stereo. I've read on forums there's a way to make it so you can have full control of the iPod through the head unit, but the posts I've read are a few years old now and was wondering if any thing has changed to make this more simple or if I still need to change the module thingy. I've checked my head unit software and it starts with 5, which I believe is a good thing as I've read it needs to be 5 and above to be able to do this. Any information or list of components would be great. 

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place. 

Regards.
Luke.
Sent from my iPhone

You can use a ford usb music box for the usb but if your wanting a ipod to play you will need ipod clasic as the software on newer ipod stop it working with the music box i had one running off my sony 6 disc changer unit oval shape

Ford usb music box number :-1746768

Thanx mate. I'll look into this. Suppose my old iPod touch would would work then but not the Mrs newer 6th generation one, shame. 

I have thought about changing the head unit all together but wouldn't know what would be a good replacement, the dynavin n6 looks good but it's a lot of money if it turns out to be poo and I haven't actually seen much said about this from ford owners. 

i have changed to the Eonon GA5161 silver  or GA5162 black has sat nav/dvd/usb and micro sd card slot to use great stereo also takes reverse camera

• Like 1

I have been looking at eonon and xtrons on eBay but weren't sure about them, been reading mixed reviews about any unit I've been interested in to be honest so I'm still undecided. How long you had the eonon mate, any issues so far? If you've got reverse parking sensors did these still work? May be a silly question but I'm not sure if the reverse parking sensors work through the stereo or not, if I was to lose them she'd be reversing into everything!! 

Cheers for your help. 

Hi i have had stereo about 7/8 months now and i love it such better sound than standard sony and sat nav function in reverse camera works along side the reverse sensor's the sensors run off there own sounder which sits behind rear passenger seat drivers side so still works i use music on micro sd card and usb stick so no need fro cd's anymore which is a god send easier just dropping tunes to memory card

Another thumps up here for a eonon unit, Had one in my car for around a year now, Works great and never head any issues.I prefer the micro sd over a usb keeps everything looking clean imo, Sat nav in it works great and can be easily updated.

Thanx for the replies. Good to get abit of feed back from people that have had them a while, a lot of the reviews I've seen of them are from people who have just recently purchased them but at least I know that if I buy one it ain't gona break after 3 weeks. Can you control an iPhone or iPod through the unit itself do you know? I looked at the ga5162 and the advert for it said you have total iPod control, but this unit has now been replaced by the ga5162f, but in the advert for this one it mentions nothing about iPod connectivity. 

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Loonytaz said:

You can use a ford usb music box for the usb but if your wanting a ipod to play you will need ipod clasic as the software on newer ipod stop it working with the music box i had one running off my sony 6 disc changer unit oval shape

Ford usb music box number :-1746768

This is correct I have a 2007 Mk2 ST with a Sony head unit and I got a S/H music Box from fleebay easy to fit but I couldn't get one from Fords themselves If I remember right Ford say its obsolete( not to sure if i'm remembering right).Found plenty on Fleebay. Plays the usb stick no problems with AUX in the display.You can select the track  on the USB stick but I'm not sure if it will work with I Pod as I don't have one.

Thanx for that gizza11. I've read that you can replace the Bluetooth module at the back of the stereo to get total iPod control through your head unit and title, track names displayed but finding a second hand one is hard, and I got a price from ford yesterday and it was £275 plus the vat! Think I'll just upgrade my stereo now. Was going to get the dynavin n6 but very tempted by the eonon now.