Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comunity police officers,

spitfire123

And that my friend is exactly what the people moaning about being stopped, should take a minute and think about. But do they? Do they hell, they just want to play the victim all the time.

The police are has bad has us sometimes its one law for us and one law for them i can always rember driveing late at night last year and i had some nob driveing up my !Removed! with full beam on when the car pass me in the end it was a unmarked police volvo now if i done that to them i would get stopped and told off ive seen loads of times police cars putting there blues on just to get through the red lights then turn them off once they are through.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fiesta_lad

• matt1987

• Jonny87

• DanGull

The police are has bad has us sometimes its one law for us and one law for them i can always rember driveing late at night last year and i had some nob driveing up my !Removed! with full beam on when the car pass me in the end it was a unmarked police volvo now if i done that to them i would get stopped and told off ive seen loads of times police cars putting there blues on just to get through the red lights then turn them off once they are through.

Just thinking about what you said, it's only amongst traffic that the Police cars really need their 2's and blues, once through the lights, they are quite entitled to turn them off until they meet more traffic, when again they should deploy them.

Of course, to claim they only do this to get through red lights, you must have followed them, right?

Can't say I've seen this, yet you see it "loads" of times. Again, strange!!

Cheers mate, I totally agree with your post.

I have a mate who is a qualified FA referee! He only refs the lower league games though... I think he does the conference North?

I love the abuse from refereeing, but only because I am now confident enough with how to deal with it and know not to take it personally (football is serious, of course!). One of the best decisions I made was to take the exam and my employers thought so too, as it was one of the main reasons they employed me on a scheme that takes in 6 people from 2500 applicants a year!

I don't think anyone was making a personal attack on yourself, rather that they weren't succinct at getting their intended message across perhaps? At least, that's how I read it!

On a side note, I hate you all for having easily the best looking car on the roads at the moment.

So there. :lol:

Just had to chip in here. If you dont like the police or community officers doing their job then next time your car gets stolen, your house gets broken into, your wife attacked in the street, you get abused by a gang of youths , beaten in the street. sort it out your self dont ring them. try to find your car or your attacker yourself lets be honest thats who you call first. grow up they do a job and any support they get from others can only be good. yes some are a little up their own arses but if they didnt do their job your shiny cars and houses would be !Removed! over everynight and your family probaly raped for good measure so why not try to work with them for all our good.

[snip]

MrsMcbee, how is not working over 10pm wrong? Do not forget that I work on a neighbourhood team. We do not get involved in " Pub turnouts " and the like, maybe it's because we do not have a town centre on our patch? I do not know.

Matt, my point was that crime doesn't stop at 10pm - even in any neighbourhood let alone town centre. How many cars are broken into or stolen at night as well as day; how many burglaries occur at night etc etc. However, if you are lucky enough to be working in a nice neighbourhood, then I am pleased for you.

All I can say is, people should not come on here to criticise and to be insulting with regards to other peoples careers. I came on here to help, and basically had it thrown back in my face. I shall not be doing that again.

What a kind bunch you are :rolleyes:

I am entitled to my opinion as are you but it was not my intention to criticise or be insulting, I merely set out to put another viewpoint on the matter. If you feel I have insulted you, then I humbly apologise.

The police SHOULD NOT use the blues and twos just to get through red traffic lights if on a non emercey call they should wait like everybody else has to and mrs mcbee i argree with you crime does not stop a 10pm at night

There seems to be a lot of pessimism involved in both educated and uneducated views of PCSO's.

I can understand why people are apprehensive of their role but I don't understand why there's a few people giving this guy aggro when he only piped up to answer a question that someone actually asked for advice on.

Also, I have to mention that bad spelling and grammar drives me mad. It's nothing to do with schooling at all. It's largely down to bad habits and impatience (I get especially mad whenever anyone uses "text speak", text messages or otherwise). This language has been developing for about 1100 years, so I can understand how frustrating it is to see it absolutely butchered to the point where you have to read it several times just to make any sense of it.

http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://thesaurus.reference.com/

There seems to be a lot of pessimism involved in both educated and uneducated views of PCSO's.

I can understand why people are apprehensive of their role but I don't understand why there's a few people giving this guy aggro when he only piped up to answer a question that someone actually asked for advice on.

Also, I have to mention that bad spelling and grammar drives me mad. It's nothing to do with schooling at all. It's largely down to bad habits and impatience (I get especially mad whenever anyone uses "text speak", text messages or otherwise). This language has been developing for about 1100 years, so I can understand how frustrating it is to see it absolutely butchered to the point where you have to read it several times just to make any sense of it.

http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://thesaurus.reference.com/

It is something to do with schooling because isnt that were you learn to spell,gramer,full stops etc. i know sometimes it can be down to bad habits but not everyone is perfect also the way people write text messages does drive me mad sometimes because like you said it does take 7 goes to read it

For exsample

Text = txt

Because = bcoz

Thank you = thanx u

And the list goes on

You wont know this Fiesta_lad because you have no inside knowledge, but when an immediate response comes up, the blue lights will go on. However, more than 1 unit will attend an immediate response. If there are already enough units at the destination, then the controller will cancel all units that are en-route. This is may be why you see police cars with blues and twos on, then suddenly slow down and turn the lights off? But you would not think of that anyway, you just assume.

I have not said crime stops at 10pm, but that's when response take over.

You wont know this Fiesta_lad because you have no inside knowledge, but when an immediate response comes up, the blue lights will go on. However, more than 1 unit will attend an immediate response. If there are already enough units at the destination, then the controller will cancel all units that are en-route. This is may be why you see police cars with blues and twos on, then suddenly slow down and turn the lights off? But you would not think of that anyway, you just assume.

I have not said crime stops at 10pm, but that's when response take over.

I know i would have no inside knowledge because iam not a PCSO or PC :blink: well like i said one rule for you lot and one rule for us heres a question for you tell me why do police cars exceed the speed limted with no blues and twos on?.

It is something to do with schooling because isnt that were you learn to spell,gramer,full stops etc. i know sometimes it can be down to bad habits but not everyone is perfect also the way people write text messages does drive me mad sometimes because like you said it does take 7 goes to read it

For exsample

Text = txt

Because = bcoz

Thank you = thanx u

And the list goes on

Not entirely - you never stop learning to spell or use grammar. From books to games to online applications you can learn to spell words or structure sentences. Maybe some people are more subconciously perceptive to it than others, I don't know. I'm sure if I look back on something I wrote ten years ago it would make me cringe. Hell, I could probably look at this ten years from now and cringe.

I'm sure there's a great divide between people who genuinely struggle with spelling and grammar and people who are lazy with it. Unfortunately, since it is almost impossible to distinguish between the two, I may mistake a few posts here or there so apologies if this has been the case with anyone.

Not entirely - you never stop learning to spell or use grammar. From books to games to online applications you can learn to spell words or structure sentences. Maybe some people are more subconciously perceptive to it than others, I don't know. I'm sure if I look back on something I wrote ten years ago it would make me cringe. Hell, I could probably look at this ten years from now and cringe.

I'm sure there's a great divide between people who genuinely struggle with spelling and grammar and people who are lazy with it. Unfortunately, since it is almost impossible to distinguish between the two, I may mistake a few posts here or there so apologies if this has been the case with anyone.

No worries anyway hows newcastle great place :lol:

I know i would have no inside knowledge because iam not a PCSO or PC :blink: well like i said one rule for you lot and one rule for us heres a question for you tell me why do police cars exceed the speed limted with no blues and twos on?.

So why do you assume these things then, and then backtrack and say you wouldn't have any inside knowledge because you aren't a PCSO or PC? Basically, you have just admitted that your assumption is based on little or no fact.

So why do you assume these things then, and then backtrack and say you wouldn't have any inside knowledge because you aren't a PCSO or PC? Basically, you have just admitted that your assumption is based on little or no fact.

You have'nt answered the question i asked which was tell me why do police cars exceed the speed limted with no blues and twos on?. What right does it give them to drive faster

You have'nt answered the question i asked which was tell me why do police cars exceed the speed limted with no blues and twos on?. What right does it give them to drive faster

Do you own a speed gun then?

This thread has been going on for a while now and has reached its current state in a very meandering way. I have to say, I'm rather surprised at the reception that Matt has received - he came on to answer a question and is in a great position to do so - and it lead to an outpouring of bad feeling towards the police force in general. Some are throwing mud around with absolutely nothing to back up what they're saying and little understanding of what they're debating with someone who is employed in the role.

Still, nobody has complained and of course I'm all for an informed debate.

The main reason I posted was to say to Reel - I agree with you completely. We have a beautifully complex language that is butchered left, right and centre. I'm afraid that schooling does play a massive part. As a music teacher I have been reprimanded for correcting the students' English - because it's not my subject. The inability of hundreds of thousands of people to (for example) use apostrophes correctly or differentiate between less and fewer (or the correct use of me and I as seen on this very thread) is a sad state of affairs - and compounded by news readers and other broadcasters.

Do you own a speed gun then?

No i don't own i speed gun smart !Removed! but if iam doing 40mph in a 40 zone and a car comes flying past me obviously its doing more than 40mph so i don't need a speed gun.

In a word, cold!

Its cold here very :lol: love the night life in newcastle. sam jacks being my favourite :lol:

This thread has been going on for a while now and has reached its current state in a very meandering way. I have to say, I'm rather surprised at the reception that Matt has received - he came on to answer a question and is in a great position to do so - and it lead to an outpouring of bad feeling towards the police force in general. Some are throwing mud around with absolutely nothing to back up what they're saying and little understanding of what they're debating with someone who is employed in the role.

Still, nobody has complained and of course I'm all for an informed debate.

The main reason I posted was to say to Reel - I agree with you completely. We have a beautifully complex language that is butchered left, right and centre. I'm afraid that schooling does play a massive part. As a music teacher I have been reprimanded for correcting the students' English - because it's not my subject. The inability of hundreds of thousands of people to (for example) use apostrophes correctly or differentiate between less and fewer (or the correct use of me and I as seen on this very thread) is a sad state of affairs - and compounded by news readers and other broadcasters.

Maybe you're right. I wonder how big a part technological advancements play in this - e.g. character limits in texts and 'autocorrect' functions in word processing applications.

Maybe you're right. I wonder how big a part technological advancements play in this - e.g. character limits in texts and 'autocorrect' functions in word processing applications.

Thank you for a straight forward answer reel105

Its cold here very :lol: love the night life in newcastle. sam jacks being my favourite :lol:

To be honest I don't go out to town much (the novelty kind of wears off when you've lived here for 24 years) but if I do head out I'll usually head to a place called World Headquarters. Great music and Red Stripe Jamaican beer. Win.

No i don't own i speed gun smart !Removed! but if iam doing 40mph in a 40 zone and a car comes flying past me obviously its doing more than 40mph so i don't need a speed gun.

So, how is it that you see all these Police cars speeding past you without lights on and you see all the Police zooming through red lights, yet I don't?

To be honest, I'm surprised they have ever stopped you, what with them speeding away from you all the time.

I'm generally interested, does anyone else see all these things happening or is fiesta_lad just making this up and using it as ammunition in his tirade against Police?

So, how is it that you see all these Police cars speeding past you without lights on and you see all the Police zooming through red lights, yet I don't?

To be honest, I'm surprised they have ever stopped you, what with them speeding away from you all the time.

I'm generally interested, does anyone else see all these things happening or is fiesta_lad just making this up and using it as ammunition in his tirade against Police?

There was an incident near my home a couple of years ago where a 16-year old girl was killed by a police officer speeding without any lights on. He was going 94mph in a 30mph zone. Obviously, I accept that this isn't the normal behaviour of police officers and is (hopefully) an isolated incident.