Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ti-VCT Zetec

Pren

Help needed,

I'm about to test drive a 2011 1.6 Ti-VCT Zetec 5dr £6,995  has only 22000 miles on it.

Few friends told me to stay clear as engine is really sluggish and drives poor and it's red

It's a high revving engine so I've heard and alot of complaints about it you'd be better with the 1.0 litre 

Help needed,
I'm about to test drive a 2011 1.6 Ti-VCT Zetec 5dr £6,995  has only 22000 miles on it.
Few friends told me to stay clear as engine is really sluggish and drives poor and it's red

Doesn't drive poor. Just has to be driven differently. I have a 2011 1.6 tivct Titanium and I love it. Although, if you can get a 1.0 ecoboost for the same money and mileage go for it. There's nothing wrong with the tivct engine though.

I've had one and my other half has one now - nothing wrong with the engine. Far from sluggish!!

Drive it right and it'll move, quickly too! Sound like an absolute monster with the right induction filter. They do love to rev hard but aren't the most fuel efficient, however, they are a good engine to have all things considered.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kpg said:

Doesn't drive poor. Just has to be driven differently. I have a 2011 1.6 tivct Titanium and I love it. Although, if you can get a 1.0 ecoboost for the same money and mileage go for it. There's nothing wrong with the tivct engine though.

Cheers mate l'm not after or into fast cars just don't want anything to slow of the mark.. 0-60 times for this model 14 secs.

thanks anyway l'll be taking it out tomorrow and it's got 16000 on it not 22000. 

How does it have to be driven different?

IMG_2285.PNG

Cheers mate l'm not after or into fast cars just don't want anything to slow of the mark.. 0-60 times for this model 14 secs.
thanks anyway l'll be taking it out tomorrow and it's got 16000 on it not 22000. 
How does it have to be driven different?
IMG_2285.PNG

Not that much different, I mean it just has to be revved slightly higher than normal. I've never had a problem with this, I've actually had a MK2 and MK3 Focus with the exact same engine. I'm not sure as I haven't timed my own but it has to be quicker to 60 than 14secs

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I had the Mk2 and Mrs' has Mk2.5 - both same engine but sub 11 seconds to 60... not 14...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club