• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mountainbiker

mountainbiker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: 58 Mondeo Estate Titanium X
Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

I recently bought a 58 Mondeo Estate Titanium X, with sports suspension and 18' wheels, and I am finding the ride very harsh.
My dealer has offered to replace my 18' wheels for 17'.

Has anyone done this?

I would be grateful for any comments and observations if this change would help to give a better ride.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 BLUEOVAL09

BLUEOVAL09

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 tdci

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

I recently bought a 58 Mondeo Estate Titanium X, with sports suspension and 18' wheels, and I am finding the ride very harsh.
My dealer has offered to replace my 18' wheels for 17'.

Has anyone done this?

I would be grateful for any comments and observations if this change would help to give a better ride.

The 17" rims will give a slightly better ride as the tyre wall would be bigger and therefore more flexible due to the smaller rim size (either 50 or 55 profile as opposed to a 40/45 profile), this is to keep the rolling circumference the same and keep the speedo accurate. the downside is that if you like to drive hard (as it's an estate i doubt it, but you never know) then the handling will suffer a bit, but for normal driving this won't be an issue, hope this helps :)

#3 harvyeg77

harvyeg77

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo Titanium-X TDCi
Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Same issue here. Its tolerable, but at times just a little too stiff for my liking. the 18@ wheels are shod with 235/40 tyres. The 17" wheels have a 235/45. It will make a difference, but not huge. Some guys I have spoken too went the whole hog and dropped on 16" alloys shod with 215/55 tyres. This apparently does a good job of smoothing the ride ;-)

Harvey

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users