Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

FORD FAIR – SILVERSTONE – 6TH AUGUST 2017

Join us on the Ford Owners Club stand at Ford Fair, Silverstone on Sunday 6th August 2017.

Click this link to find out more

    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


Darision

Bumper sticking out a tad

10 posts in this topic

Hi people, new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place! Just bought a Used Ford Fiesta Zetec 2011, was raining when i bought it so the paint didn’t really notice as much when I looked around the car so not that happy about the paintwork in the image as the car was advertised as "in showroom condition" however this isn’t what im making this topic about....

15978262_10208049370541184_1194823214_n.

Could anybody help, when I bought this car the bumper join is as appears in the image, sticking out a little, although this is minor, its very annoying and ruins the aesthetic of the car. does anybody know how to push it in or get it to line up properly with the other part of the bodywork? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Take off the wheel and remove the back half of the arch liner.
There is a bolt that tightens the bumper bracket to the rear arch subframe.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Darision likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Take off the wheel and remove the back half of the arch liner.
There is a bolt that tightens the bumper bracket to the rear arch subframe.

Sent from my SM-G930F
 

Thank you very much, will try this out when im home next, Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or if you have the original advert which says "showroom condition" take it back to the dealer. Technically a vehicle should be as described in the advert. If the dealer wishes to set such a high benchmark, more fool them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Or if you have the original advert which says "showroom condition" take it back to the dealer. Technically a vehicle should be as described in the advert. If the dealer wishes to set such a high benchmark, more fool them.

It was a trader, the car has a missing locking nut and the locking nut missing on the front passenger side, we messaged him and hes blanking us, when we did get ahold of him he said if we pay the full price since we got £100 of the asking price he will do it, so im getting it into a garage to day and we have contacted citizens advice on where we stand now as hes not cooperating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like bull to me. Unless his sales 'policy' was made clear and was included as part of the negotiations and the contract, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. The law is on your side and is loaded as such, precisely because of cowboys like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a right Del Boy, if the car has locking nuts on it, you need the key, simple as that unless stated otherwise.

Even if you did pay full price, he'd sounds the type to have told you you should have got the warranty!

until you have the key, keep an eye on your car's wheels. You never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From looking at the pic the car has possibly been rear-ended (obviously unrecorded if you've had the car checked online etc) and had a poor standard repair job. The bumper mis-alignment after repair is a sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whilst there is theoretical consumer protection, with a lot of traders (like backstreet / yard type used car lots or traders from home) it is still very much a case of let the buyer beware.

I do not know what type of trader this is. would you take him to court?  it's probably a case of learning from the experience - it could be worse, at least this has not prevented you from using the car. 

I know your first message sounded like you were putting it down to experience and were going to sort it yourself but others are urging you to go pursue the seller. It probably is not worth the hassle. Don't get sucked into a dispute that ends up with more stress that you wish you had not started upon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2017 at 4:50 PM, GaryPL said:

Sounds like bull to me. Unless his sales 'policy' was made clear and was included as part of the negotiations and the contract, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. The law is on your side and is loaded as such, precisely because of cowboys like this.

well this was the original ebay listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-FORD-FIESTA-ZETEC-TDCI-70-RED-20-00-A-YEAR-ROAD-TAX-/232168482855?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=YdEhCmhGGYsAxXe1vb1bGKuAJXE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

, all i can do is hope i can get some sort of compensation out of it, if not as others have said, ill just have to let this be a learning experience and watch out next time.

 

On 11/01/2017 at 5:39 PM, Tomson said:

Sounds like a right Del Boy, if the car has locking nuts on it, you need the key, simple as that unless stated otherwise.

Even if you did pay full price, he'd sounds the type to have told you you should have got the warranty!

until you have the key, keep an eye on your car's wheels. You never know.

yea i know, just gotta watch out for these people next time. all seems well on the car other than those described so i hope nothing goes wrong in the coming weeks as i dont use it that much.

 

On 11/01/2017 at 10:55 PM, dave_k said:

From looking at the pic the car has possibly been rear-ended (obviously unrecorded if you've had the car checked online etc) and had a poor standard repair job. The bumper mis-alignment after repair is a sign.

When we took the car out for a test drive we mentioned the bumper sticking out and asked about if it had any history or had been in an accident as online many cars are registered cat D, he told us to rest assured that the car had not been registered as a CAT or had any unrecorded work done on it so I hope he was telling the truth on that part but who knows. im planning on fitting a tow bar onto the back for my bikes in the coming months so we shall see what its like underneath then.

 

On 12/01/2017 at 1:51 PM, isetta said:

whilst there is theoretical consumer protection, with a lot of traders (like backstreet / yard type used car lots or traders from home) it is still very much a case of let the buyer beware.

I do not know what type of trader this is. would you take him to court?  it's probably a case of learning from the experience - it could be worse, at least this has not prevented you from using the car. 

I know your first message sounded like you were putting it down to experience and were going to sort it yourself but others are urging you to go pursue the seller. It probably is not worth the hassle. Don't get sucked into a dispute that ends up with more stress that you wish you had not started upon

Yea i understand i should have gone into it with a bit more backbone been aware of these sorts of things but yea, i shall take it as a learning experience. Im going to speak to citizens advice and get their view on the case and see how it goes from there, we have new locking nuts fitted that cost £50 for the old ones removed and new ones put on so hopfully ill be able to get some of that cost covered by the trader but who knows, if they think I have a solid case then I may pursue it but currently im still somewhat happy with the car, ill just have to be more careful next time.

I appreciate all the support and responses received :)

if anything escalates ill be sure to update

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now