Do Not Sell My Personal Information

characteristics or faults

dingdongdo

can you help?

i have just bought a 3yr old zetec 130tdci from a ford forecourt which was supposedly given the full service and multi-point check over etc. its going back in on weds to have a very difficult gear change looked at. but has other issues too....... as mentioned gear selection is very difficult when cold (extremely so for reverse), also if i select gears 5 or 6 then the gear stick does not spring back to the central position without a push as every other car always has. also the handbrake lever comes very high (almost hits centre console). and theres more..... when its cold and wet outside the climate control struggles to keep the windows from misting up (this also has never been a problem with previous cars). are these mondeo characteristics or faults as i have had various similar cars from ford rivals over the years and had none of these issues. was i silly to think the most popular family saloon car in this country should be stress free???? p.s. its done 51k with most history and is under warranty.

thanks lee.

The misting may simply be due to a blocked pollen filter and the handbrake problem may be that the cable is seized at the rear wheel calliper

amen to the above and sounds like an iffy gearbox there...could just be low oil, and the gears not going back to neutral could either be the gears or cables....

Sounds like general wear n tear grimes really from a Ford...its letting you know who made it! :)

Did you by any chance own Jap cars before!?

Piggy :)

thanks for the replies, will update when i get it back from ford, my recent previous cars were, rover 75, zafira, vectra and piccaso. none of these cars had the problems i now have with the mondeo. to be fare the car is quick and has good spec so if these problems get sorted then i am looking forward to trouble free motoring..... or am i being foolish ? lee.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club