Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NightEye H7 LEDs Review (facelift fiesta)

Paramanic

10 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

Alright, fair enough!! Cheers mate!

no worries.

if youre thinking of buying a set , i'd probably get the 72w set as they have mini cooling fans built into the bulb base , which will help them last longer.

the set paramanic bought are 50w so should be a bit  brighter :-)

• Like 2

I've had HID's on all of my car as I found halogens to be rubbish, I have seen comparison between led's and personally prefer HID's although led's do have a decent light output and seem like a good in between for halogens and hids.
On my fiesta I had split the headlight and fitted projector lens as to not blind people and never ran into any issues, Now you could argue about the whole legality thing as it doesn't have washer ect but I passed my mot with no issues and was never pulled. I also fitted projector headlights to my old 1.8 mk2 focus with 4300k hids and again had no issues at all.
I have always opted for 6000k hids or below I think any higher than this and you are asking for trouble with led's the color scale changes ever so slightly. On my focus currently I changed to 5000k bulbs I prefer the pure white look and the light output hasn't suffered much.

I prefer HID too, much more choice when it comes to colour temp. I favour 5000K I find it gives more 'usable' light on the road. Really winds me up that people put them in reflector housing, even the bulb marked 'R' do not help this. I've had them on every car, well the past 4. I had a Fabia Monte Carlos with their 'blackpack' lights and they used the same bulb for dipped and main. A shutter would raise to switch between the 2, this meant that if you were to flash anyone it's pretty useless due to the startup time of the bulbs, if the lights were already on it was no problem though.

I drive a MK5 mondeo at the moment, it was a demonstrator so a good spec but no HID, but at the selling price I'd be stupid to have not bought it. I need to change the bulbs again. I had an altercation with a bollard, it just ran out in front of me. I needed a new headlamp so got the garage to change all the bulbs at the same time, i stuck in Phillips +130 but it does little to make the output safe. I think I'm going to stick with HID and get a set in, it's a bumper off job though so need to find someone to do that. Ford want £150 to remove and fit and obviously they wouldn't put a kit in for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Be really good if you were ever to do a comparisons with 6k HID's.  The output on yours looks good, and I wanted to upgrade the LED for some time.

Decisions, decisions.

• Like 1

As @biff55 said can get 72w and have brighter light than my set @Cookey09 and we can compare them to these via light output build quality etc too never know if they are better a might get a set of them too haha I'm happy with these atm and the fan less approach in checked on there fb page only goes to 50 odd degrees which is amazing  the one with fan goes hotter but with fan it decipates it a lot lower so goes Cooler because of fan and would be interesting to see the brightness of these bud keep us up to date 

@Jonro2009 so what you are telling us is that you were pole dancing your mondeo lol surely cant be too hard buddy I seen lots of aftermarket stuff for new mondeo and quite like them myself too and I agree with the 5000k usable light lol well I have spoken to night eye themselves and they were asking what we wanted a said a led light that's 5000k and they said it is possible and are now looking into it 😃

• Like 3

@Paramanic i actually ended up going for these mate. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHTEYE-2X-H7-8000LM-LED-Headlight-Kit-Bulbs-Fog-Light-Lamp-6500K-High-Power-/391519086554?txnId=715442257026

It'd be good to see the 72w and these side by side though, might get my brother get them for his fez, although he does have flyeye tints...

I seem to have lost what your saying mate at the fan less approach... from there onwards. Ive not had my weetabix this morning! ;-) 

6 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

@Paramanic i actually ended up going for these mate. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHTEYE-2X-H7-8000LM-LED-Headlight-Kit-Bulbs-Fog-Light-Lamp-6500K-High-Power-/391519086554?txnId=715442257026

It'd be good to see the 72w and these side by side though, might get my brother get them for his fez, although he does have flyeye tints...

I seem to have lost what your saying mate at the fan less approach... from there onwards. Ive not had my weetabix this morning! ;-) 

Yeah they are fine bud 

@Willy i think ordered these ones bud too and would be interesting either his fly eye also as a lot ppl can't see through fly eye all the time haha and basically without fans less noise but lower lumins and only go to around 50c where fans get hotter but with the fan it cools it down to be the same or even to be lower and gives off brighter light in return lol 

• Like 1

Ah right, I get you now mate! If my brother doesn't fancy these, I may get them later down the road... See how these work out first! 

If you have time mate, could you grab a quick picture of your rubber seal and how it's cut? 

Cheers dude. 

Yeah I've ordered some. Will report back when I've tested them out.

Ok, how do you do the mentions with the @ sign? Is it a case of just doing the sign and then a name? So much cleaner than a quote.

@panoramic unfortunately myself and the mondeo were indeed pole dancing. It was certainly us that came off worse though. I've not seen a lot for the mk5 I haven't managed to find a remap for my engine 1.5 petrol 160ps. What have you seen, any links?

to those who are going to buy a set of these nighteye leds -

a night time picture of your cars lights with a standard halogen lamp on 1 side and an led lamp on the other would provide a great back to back comparison for other forum members to look at.

cheers  :-D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

Ah right, I get you now mate! If my brother doesn't fancy these, I may get them later down the road... See how these work out first! 

If you have time mate, could you grab a quick picture of your rubber seal and how it's cut? 

Cheers dude. 

Well i made a diagram for you bud its a 45 degree cut then cut circle out middle and a tiny triangle at one end of each cut this is for the wire to fit through you pull the full cover over the lights back end with wire through that little triangle and put light in holder one 1/4 turn and just sort the cover till its all fitted and your done :) 
cover.png

2 hours ago, Willy said:

Yeah I've ordered some. Will report back when I've tested them out.

WOOO! read below @Willy

40 minutes ago, biff55 said:

to those who are going to buy a set of these nighteye leds -

a night time picture of your cars lights with a standard halogen lamp on 1 side and an led lamp and the other would provide a great back to back comparison for other forum members to look at.

cheers  :-D

do this willy hehe! as i forgot to 

40 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Ok, how do you do the mentions with the @ sign? Is it a case of just doing the sign and then a name? So much cleaner than a quote.

@panoramic unfortunately myself and the mondeo were indeed pole dancing. It was certainly us that came off worse though. I've not seen a lot for the mk5 I haven't managed to find a remap for my engine 1.5 petrol 160ps. What have you seen, any links?

just type @ and a name  for eg @Jonro2009

ps paramanic :P 
the remap is new because of the engine celtic tuning does one but what to do is message superchips see if they need a test car bud :P 
also check out ali express for stuff mate for example 
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170113083422&SearchText=ford+mondeo+2015

• Like 2

I'm really impressed with how much LED's have improved over the last two years. Unfortunately I just ordered some Osram Unlimited bulbs as the ST2 headlights are really no good for the cars performance with standard bulbs. My previous BMW had Xenons which were great and are sorely missed. I have used Nightbreakers on numerous cars with great results before but will look to try the LED's once they are CE approved.

very tempted to carry out this upgrade but a couple of questions

1. if I purchased this set  would I still need to cut/remove the cover 

2. does it need declaring on your insurance if so has it increased your premium

4 minutes ago, cjay1 said:

very tempted to carry out this upgrade but a couple of questions

1. if I purchased this set  would I still need to cut/remove the cover 

2. does it need declaring on your insurance if so has it increased your premium

1. yes , you need to cut out a hole in the rubber dust cap to fit the bulb

2  probably , but different insurers will assess the mod in different ways.

• Like 1

See i didnt mind cutting mines as i could get another couple for 15 off eBay  :) 
all mods need to be declared buddy it saves all the hassle :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paramanic said:

See i didnt mind cutting mines as i could get another couple for 15 off ebay  :) 
all mods need to be declared buddy it saves all the hassle :) 

did you need any lamp adaptors or base clips to hold the LED Bulbs in place para ?

Checked my policy online and it would need declaring but couldn't get a quote online. I might get a quote on Monday. But If it is going to increase my premiums I probably won't bother.

• Like 1

@biff55 all I did was follow instructions bud take ring off place in the bulb holder then you push light in one 1/4 turn and hey presto it's in just mind n plug it in 

Better just to call instead of getting a quote buddy some insurances give you a paper charge 

• Like 2

@paramanic I'd like to say it was auto correct but I'd be lying lol

I was thinking of approaching a few people about being a test car, it would be good to get a bit more power. Maybe another 25ps and I'd be quite happy.

Thanks for the link, I've seen the lights but nothing else. I'm going to take a proper look later

EDIT @mention did not work [emoji53]
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

@paramanic I'd like to say it was auto correct but I'd be lying lol

I was thinking of approaching a few people about being a test car, it would be good to get a bit more power. Maybe another 25ps and I'd be quite happy.

Thanks for the link, I've seen the lights but nothing else. I'm going to take a proper look later

EDIT @mention did not work emoji53.png

Yeah so see them n get a remap might even be fore free haha 

See most thinks are American made so don't see bodykits over here much unfortunately 

• Like 1

@Jonro2009 the @ didn't work because you need to type name in them selected it from list that appears underror it hehe

• Like 1

@Paramanic thanks matey! I'll refer back to this when it comes to fitting them! I rang my insurance they said these wont affect my premium but they'll have to get back to me for the j1 induction kit... 

It was a painful process explaining to them a good 3-4 times what an induction kit actually is.

• Like 1

I don't get a drop down when I type a name in, I'm using an iPad does that make a difference, also it's Tapatalk not the web version.

Free is a word I like so I will put out some feelers.

• Like 1

Got mine today. Only took 2 days. 

Here the eBay link for anyone interested in getting some.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391519086554

Will be fitting the drivers side in a mo and will give it a test tonight and take pictures for comparison with the Osram Nightbreaker lasers I have installed.

20170115_114915_zpsyp1v1v6w.jpg

20170115_114953_zpswvucxxkn.jpg

• Like 4

Same as mine, mine hasnt arrived yet though. Should arrive tomorrow? Surprised yours arrived on a sunday?

Intrigued in your pictures mate!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club