Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NightEye H7 LEDs Review (facelift fiesta)

Paramanic

Looking forward to seeing the pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. The beam pattern is the same, which is good! Though they look similar... if 2. the new bulb?

It's minimal... But the light output is whiter. Beam pattern and beam strength looks do be the same.

im curious about its "more powerful" 72w brother now...

• Like 1

Definitely better than stock but as you can see very similar to the osram bulbs

I would say that in pic 1 the beam height is considerably higher but not necessarily better at illuminating further away. Pic 2 is a much more natural light from this position and I would say brighter too.

Picture 1 is the Osram Nightbreaker lasers and Picture 2 is the Nighteye LEDs 

Beam looks the same but pic 2 appears to be a 'cooler' light (bluish)

focus point of the beam on the hedge below the trees is exactly the same for both lamp types , which is good.

second pic shows more light thrown onto the ground in front of the car.

colour rendering is slighty better in second pic also.

anyway , thanks go to willy & para for taking the time to show these products to the forum.

best thing now is to just road test them for a few nights and see if youre overall happy with their purchase.

• Like 1

I did 30 miles with them fitted and have made a decision already 😆

Just now, Willy said:

I did 30 miles with them fitted and have made a decision already 😆

and that decision is.........?

leds stay.....

osrams go back in .......

??

:-)

Evening guys,

I'm new to the forum, registered last week, but I have been following this thread since it started.

I'm collecting a new fiesta tomorrow and have just ordered the same leds going off the pictures on this thread alone.

(Hopefully Willy has decided to keep them!)

Once they turn up, I'll do the same as above but with standard bulbs, one of each bulb in and one with leds.

Paul.

EDIT: Guys, open both of Willys pictures full screen, the nightbreakers actually illuminates the middle off the tree more and also the fence at the back right of the building.

I'll take a punt and say Willys keeping the lasers......

I'll stick with the leds as I've ordered them now lol.

Paul.

I think willy will go with night breaker lasers but I had night breaker from getting my car and these were better for me but as cookey said for the 9k lumins one would be interesting I've even found 12k lumins oneself at 6k kelvin 

I was looking at the 9000lm and 12000lm ones from nighteye, but I believe they both have fans, which I've read mixed reviews about.

The other issue I thought might arise, was the length of the 9/12k ones. The body section of the bulb is longer than the 8000s and going with your pictures Paramanic, there's not a lot of room behind them.

Paul.

@pd2 you're right about the back fence, didn't notice that before.
That's what I meant in my comment about the beam pattern/scatter being higher, the tree and roof are definitely illuminated better.

I would be putting the Lasers back in. Out of interest@willy are these relatively new to the market, and do you know what the bulb life is like compared to the unlimited ones as I have found them not to last as long.

Yeah I'm sticking with the Osram's for now. The Nighteye's are definitely better than stock.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

@pd2 you're right about the back fence, didn't notice that before.
That's what I meant in my comment about the beam pattern/scatter being higher, the tree and roof are definitely illuminated better.

I would be putting the Lasers back in. Out of interest@willy are these relatively new to the market, and do you know what the bulb life is like compared to the unlimited ones as I have found them not to last as long.

I've only had the lasers a few weeks so can't comment. I've read they won't last as long as the unlimited. 

I think with any HID Kit 'you pays your money, you take your chances'. They look OK, I haven't heard of, or heard of anyone using this company but that means nothing haha. You would need to buy the metal bases too with the HID set.

Autobeam is a great company actually owned by actually fellow FoC'er

Add my code to get 10% off 

JDOU10

Both good kits from what I've heard on fb and seen by talking to the owner

• Like 1

@paramanic good to get a recommendation, I'll keep them in mind when I decide how I'm going to go about things

Looking to get these LEDs. Just a quick question, does it require some sort of LED ballast or some sort of Canbus decoder? Currently just have the stock halogen which i must admit are dreadful. So looking to change them. 

I could be being stupid here, but are the higher power LEDs with the fans a fire risk?  The fans are there to prevent burnout so what happens if one of them fails?  Does the unit catch fire?  Does it smoke?  Does it blow like a normal incandescent bulb?

• Like 1

Can't say I've thought about it@GaryPL but I would imagine there will be some sort of fail safe, if a fan is not functioning then the LED fails to illuminate. Giving it further thought it is probably the fan that would fail before and LED did, those thing have a ridiculous lifespan. Don't forget some of them don't even have fans, there is some sort of weird loops of 'material' at the back to dissipate the heat.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club