Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta tdci starting problems

dazcat

hi is their anybody that can help me with my starting problem with my fiesta tdci van the van turns over twice and then stops turning over it will do this sometimes but when ni put it into 1 gear with the clutch out and then turn the key to start it turns over and then when i put the clutch back in it generaly starts its worse when cold but once started it starts fine all day long i have changed the crank position sensor and it has made no difference i now dont know what else it could be

hi is their anybody that can help me with my starting problem with my fiesta tdci van the van turns over twice and then stops turning over it will do this sometimes but when ni put it into 1 gear with the clutch out and then turn the key to start it turns over and then when i put the clutch back in it generaly starts its worse when cold but once started it starts fine all day long i have changed the crank position sensor and it has made no difference i now dont know what else it could be

I think it is fitted with Glow plugs that warm the injectors, and thay will have a fuse. check to see if the fuse is ok. It will tell you in the handbook where it is

Nothing to do with glow plugs if what he says is correct...

You said it turns over twice then completely stops turning over???

If it were glowplugs it would keep turning but not start.

You also said when you put it in 1st gear with the clutch up it then turns over...surely the car would lurch forward???

Are there any funny sounds when it happens?

Piggy :)

You also said when you put it in 1st gear with the clutch up it then turns over...surely the car would lurch forward???

[/quot

yes the van lunges forward but then i put the van into neutral then it starts i was thinking is it the starter or engine imobiliser its doing my head in their is no funny noises out of the starter but it starts fine when warm

why have you copied the same post three times in the same topic, one after the other?

i had a problem with my tdci fiesta van were is was a real pain in the a*se to start turned out to be the injector seals, replaced them and it's never missed a beat since.

Maybe best to try starting in neutral...always best me thinks there....

and I have a niggly feeling it maybe to do with injectors...either the leak off pipes or seals...sounds like bit of air getting in there....

but if you say its fine when warm....what age of fiesta is it and engine size?

Have you had a diagnostic done at all??

hi, i am also having the same problem, its below 0 tonight, had big job in starting, no Glow plug light came on, but it took 6 attempts to go and then she stalled, its that cold, i have just had one injection seal replaced, when she is warm no problems at all, great little runner. but she is starting to get un reliable, any ideas??

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club