Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost oil cooler installation

ThaiFiesta

Hi, has anyone installed an air to fluid oil cooler in their 1.0 Ecoboost? I'm thinking to add one to increase cooling as it's always very hot here in Thailand. Pics are examples of what I've seen available, without spending a fortune like the Mishimoto one. 

IMG_3937.PNG

IMG_3936.PNG

On the one day a year it's hot in England I'd walk!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselPig said:

On the one day a year it's hot in England I'd walk!

He's in Thailand 

If it's compatible with your car go for it, just look for the cheapest one so it won't hurt your wallet so much, if you're unsure message the seller or give them a call to ask about compatibility 

• Like 1

Can't see this being needed. I used to live in the Middle East and there was no need for extra oil cooling on modern cars.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dfriel2 said:

Can't see this being needed. I used to live in the Middle East and there was no need for extra oil cooling on modern cars.

Depends how you drive, I guess. There's little to no scope of increasing the water cooling on the 1.0 (unlike the ST where larger radiators are available). So deleting the water to oil cooler and replacing it with an air to oil cooler should aid in keeping the entire package within design limits when running hard at high temperatures. The Fiesta struggles here, with not much needed to push it to the limits. 

Depends how you drive, I guess. There's little to no scope of increasing the water cooling on the 1.0 (unlike the ST where larger radiators are available). So deleting the water to oil cooler and replacing it with an air to oil cooler should aid in keeping the entire package within design limits when running hard at high temperatures. The Fiesta struggles here, with not much needed to push it to the limits. 

We used to do summer track days at the Dubai autodrome, never had oil temp problems. Knowing what effort goes into engine calibration for a global product, I wouldn't want to mess with the cooling system on a modern car..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/01/2017 at 9:24 AM, ThaiFiesta said:

If it was me I would either fit a aftermarket gauge so that oil temp could be monitored OR use one of those bluetooth OBD port plugs with a bit of software on your phone and see if its possible to monitor it that way. You can also tell if the engine oil has over heated (120 Deg C or so) as it smells burnt but as the other poster said I very much doubt youll have any issues as Ford would have tested that engine is every climate going.

If you are tracking the car with a re map and really do want to go for a aftermarket oil cooler my suggestion would be to use a  Laminova oil to coolant type cooler as you cant over cool the oil as the heat is being dumped into the engine coolant system which is how the standard Ford oil cooler works apart from its much smaller. Another advantage of that style of cooler is it aids fast oil heat up from cold as the engine coolant heats up way quicker than the oil. 

Just to add.. The 1.0 already has a factory oil cooling solution. It obviously could be better, but anything is better than nothing :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club