Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo MPG

Russ 6334

Hi all,

finally ditched my V70 due to 27mpg from a diesel! And gone back to ford buying my 3rd mondeo this time a 2011 140ps tdci estate

what is the mpg people are getting? I filled up 61 litres and computer said 461 miles till empty that works out to be about 34mpg which seems worryingly low when people here have said 650 to a tank?

my last 52 plate mondeo estate 130ps did 53mpg all town driving short journeys and never warm!

Have I bought a Volvo in disguise? Admittedly I haven't used a tank yet only done about 15 miles and the computer has only dropped about 10 miles so maybe it will get better but 34mpg seems low

its just been serviced and I'm going to terraclean it next month

thanks

russ 

mk4 Mondeo 2008  onwards and I'm getting 33mpg, which is poor to say the least.

Don't forget that the tank range depends on the avg mpg, so if it's just done a lot of small/town work then yes it will be low, watch that figure go up on a run

22 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Don't forget that the tank range depends on the avg mpg, so if it's just done a lot of small/town work then yes it will be low, watch that figure go up on a run

Yes but my old 52 plate mondeo 130 estate in the same conditions all town driving did 53mpg worst I ever got was 46mpg

Question to mondeo mk5 owners:

Does heated windscreen in front(if present) and back automatically on when t gets below 4 degrees.

Just discovered this on focus "15 made. 

This thing takes mpg down.

Yes it's standard on all mondeo in fact all fords I believe

On 13/01/2017 at 2:43 PM, dzincha said:

Question to mondeo mk5 owners:

Does heated windscreen in front(if present) and back automatically on when t gets below 4 degrees.

Just discovered this on focus "15 made. 

This thing takes mpg down.

My last mondeo had this also, it draws a matter of milliamps you would never even notice the extra fuel from this it's so minute.

have done 80 miles now the computer still reads 420 and started at 460

It not milliamperes it's several amps hence it's not working if the engine is not running and yes the extra load does affect the mpg but hard to notice as it cuts off  after x minutes time I don't know as I cancel as soon as screen has cleared.

Same engine in my Volvo C30 - pants for mpg but good running and power. Max I ever saw on a long run was 51 - 37-39 I averaged usually.

On 13/01/2017 at 6:58 PM, pragmatix said:

Yes it's standard on all mondeo in fact all fords I believe

My mums 13 plate fiesta doesn't have the quick clear heated front window - I was surprised!

15 minutes ago, Tomson said:

My mums 13 plate fiesta doesn't have the quick clear heated front window - I was surprised!

Should have said when fitted 

All newer Fords from Zetec and above have the Quickclear screen.  Guessing your Mums Fiesta is a Studio/Style?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club