Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear heated window self switching on

dzincha

Well both front heaters - 40A right, 40A left, rear - 30A. When they all are on it is 0,5 l/h extra. And it is already 110A. Then add front lamps ~120w, radio some 50w maybe. And if you add some consumer to 12v outlets- consumption is more than generator can provide.

When AC is on it is 0.2 extra. And i switch it on when i see necessity. You would be happy if AC turns on all the time when it is below 4°? In winter time it is good to switch it on sometimes. (Because of valves/membranes and stuff).

When both heated seats are on - it doesn't change consumption. 

Maybe dealer will agree to change it to manual or decreese setpoint t.

I readed about focccus sw - a lot of bricked controllers afterwards - seems not good idea to brick it.

15 hours ago, dzincha said:

Same for me. Thought that climate control or some relay is faulty. But no-this is "extra" for draining battery and generator/fuel and in longterm - your money(changing battery or generator costs $$).

When it is +1->+4 no ice on windows. When -1 or below, then it could appear. 

There are so many days with  +1->+4 and no ice, but windows being heated. Why?? To produce more CO2?

good grief , if your going to drag this lame thread out for 5 pages at least get the science right.

the battery is there to start the car and little else , once engine is running the alternator provides all electrical power , the battery wont be drained in the slightest.

if you switch on all heaters and lights what happens ?    the revs drop momentarily then rise back to normal tick-over.

what does this mean ? it means fuel consumption wont be effected by any great degree from electrical loads otherwise the engine would run faster every time you switch something on and it doesnt.

you think theres a direct relationship between power usage and fuel used - there isnt in a modern car  , thanks to the engine management using smart technology to balance , monitor and prioritise all electrical systems.

now please shut up until you know what you are talking about.

• Like 5

I believe you heat your house or flat with electricity. 

Switch on both window heating and look at current consumption per h. Then switch off - noticed some changes in consumption and engine behaviour?

clearly that went in 1 ear and straight out the other.......

Fail.png

• Like 4

I believe you heat your house or flat with electricity. 

Switch on both window heating and look at current consumption per h. Then switch off - noticed some changes in consumption and engine behaviour

AAAAGH!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

DFTT anyone?

• Like 2

This has to be a Troll thread right?

The Alternator can make more energy or less as and when it needs it. It doesn't put out a standard voltage like OLDER ones. So when the screens are heating, the alternator pushes out more electricity to cover the demand.

Seriously, what juice are you drinking?

• Like 2

Bill%20Murray%2024012017171940_zpsqcux6ioo.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The only issue with the car is you, can someone lock this thread it makes my brain hurt.

ofikg.jpg

• Like 4

In this interest of this not becoming all memes, I'll lock the thread as I think everyone has had their say. :)

• Like 6