Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there a way to install an alarm, or does a focus 2014 come with one already?

Mark Aven

Hey there, I have a ford focus 2014 titanium and was wondering if there's either an alarm that can be set on it already, or if there's a way I could install a car alarm?

Its already got one. When you turn the ignition off, do you get a message on the screen to press ok to deactivate interior sensor?

The Focus MK3/Mk3.5 does not have the factory fitted alarm system as standard. The factory fitted alarm system is an optional extra.

There are 2 different factory fitted alarm systems. The standard perimeter alarm system and the slightly more advanced Thatcham approved alarm system. insurance companies in most European countries do not accept the Thatcham certification. In these countries both the standard perimeter alarm system and the Thatcham approved alarm system are not accepted by insurance companies. Because of this very few people order the factory fitted alarm systems.

The original alarm systems are fully controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module) and can easily be retrofitted. However Ford does not offer a retrofit kit for the MK2/MK2.5 like they did for older Ford models. All parts need to bought seperately which makes retrofitting of the alarm systems quite expensive.

Personally I would go for a decent certified aftermarket CANbus alarm that integrates into the existing vehicle electronics. Preferably a CANbus alarm system that uses the existing keyfob or Keyless entry system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club