Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New to cars: DIY or leave it to a professional

Rcatt

All I seem to do on here is pester you guys :laugh:

I am looking in to upgrading my car audio in my mk6.5 fiesta. I have been wondering if I could do this myself or if it would be a bit over my head as I am new to this whole car scene. . I am fairly technical but not really when it comes electronics. 

I am looking in to upgrading the headunit, adding a amp and sub 10" or !2" , and maybe upgrading door Speakers although they sound fairly decent (I believe my model the Zetec Blue are better than standard).

Also I would like the equipment to be removable for when I come to sell the car and keep access to the spare tyre. 

I live in north wales / chester and there are only a few car audio shop nearby. I have phoned a few but they have yet to get back to me. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't feel you're up to doing an install yourself then don't just phone a car audio shop go to it. I believe there is a very good car audio dealer in Chester. There is a website EMMA that'll have an index of car audio shops/dealers.

I recently installed a new headunit into my car and it's fairly easy just messy and time consuming tidying up cables etc, adding a sub and amp will be fairly straight forward just make sure you wire it all the way through either your doors or headliner. Upgrading your headunit will be the best step forward first as the sound quality is absolutely great much better over standard.

• 1 month later...

Take a look at the guides and see if there are any for your model of Fiesta.  There are also plenty of resources online on installing in car sound systems (perhaps too many resources)!  Talk Audio is probably a good bet.  Then decide if you think you would be up to it.  TBH it isn't rocket science and there isn't that much in the way of electronics either.  You'll probably spend most of your time trying to feed wires and remove trim panels!