Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17inch Alloys

Goldy

Hi, I have a MK7 Fiesta Zetec and are thinking of upgrading from the stock 15inch alloys with 195 tyres to 17inch ST alloys with 205 tyres will they rub on the inside wheel arches or do I need to fit spacers.

Thanks.

I think you'll get away with it just about, but no harm in putting them on to check, can't see them rubbing the top of the wheel arch if they rub when you're turning then you'll need a steering rack limiter.

5 hours ago, Goldy said:

Thanks, will fit the wheels and give it a go.

More likely to rub if you were to fit some lowering springs mate.

I think you will find that you will need the steering rack limiter, I had the zetec with 15inch alloys now have the st line with 17 inch alloys and it does not have the same steering lock due to the fact it has wider tyres and there for  steering rack limiter fitted , if you look at the specs you will see all fiestas with 17 inch wheels have a bigger turning circle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, have got the wheels now so will give it a go, btw won't be lowering it that's why I wondered if it would be ok with the 17's, because the ST and ST line are lowered which gives less room in the wheel arches so they have the steering rack limiter fitted.

• Like 1

You should be fine, especially if you don't lower it 

• Like 1

Limiters are only meant for 18" or above.
Lowering the car may be an issue but not a big one.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Well Fiestas do have smaller arches so suppose they're necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I've had the limiter kit fitted to my 1.6TDCi focus when I was lowering it on ST alloys.

The kit was 15pounds and came with fully illustrated instructions,

IMG_20130110_151649.jpg

Consists of two hard rubber rings and four jubilee clips 

The rubber ring fits inside the CV joint on the hub reducing the full turn limit, the jubilee clips secure the existing rubber CV boot back in place because the factory clips currently fitted are not designed to be reusable.

overall the kit is not a big cost to purchase and Ford are happy to fit.

AS MarkST says, Ford fit steering rack limiters to all cars with 17 inch wheels. If Fords fit them there must be a reason. Even though they are only a few quid, Fords wouldn't fit them for no reason, They cut everything to the bone to cut costs.

Hi, fitted the 17inch wheels and good news they do not rub when on full lock, thanks for the comments and help.

st wheels 1.jpg

st wheels 2.jpg

• Like 4

• 6 years later...
On 1/20/2017 at 7:50 PM, Goldy said:

Hi, fitted the 17inch wheels and good news they do not rub when on full lock, thanks for the comments and help.

st wheels 1.jpg

st wheels 2.jpg

What litre engine is this fitted to please

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club