• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shaz4473

battery light/ rev problem

4 posts in this topic

HELP!!

Today when out I noticed that my battery light has been coming on and off periodically but at the time there was no obvious problem and car was starting and running ok BUT later on in the day when I moved off in 1st gear and took foot off clutch and foot not on accelerator as was moving slowly in traffic that the revs seemed high and when I took car out of gear the revs were pulsing high and back to normal. I revved engine and they went back down to normal but not smoothly.

Then idle went back to normal but I noticed that when changing up a gear the revs are going higher at the gear change now and again.

Is my car ok to drive??

It is a Feb 2006 Streetka can anybody advise on whether it would be a warranty issue(as if not won't be taking to the local Ford garage!)

Any advice gratefully received!!!

Hi

I would say take the car in to ford. This would be a warranty issue unless it is something to do with changable service parts, ie HT leads, Spark Plugs etc.

They will hook the car on to the computer to find any faults

Hi

I would say take the car in to ford. This would be a warranty issue unless it is something to do with changable service parts, ie HT leads, Spark Plugs etc.

They will hook the car on to the computer to find any faults

Thanks for that - on another web forum someone has suggested that it might be the wiring to the alternator.

I know a difficult thing to comment on but would you recommend driving the car?? I have not driven it after the problem and have borrowed my mums car for now! I was wary that it would cut out or i would do damage driving it

UPDATE!

Car has been into garage and alternator changed under warranty so hopefully thats the end of that problem!