Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare key not working

Phil-1

There is something quite satisfying about the clunk of a door closing on an Audi, possibly the wrong forum to discuss that here lol

So, when you check the contacts at the mirror they are getting a feed when you toggle the switch but the mirror doesn't move? Could it be the mechanism/motor or have you replaced the whole mirror and housing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i doubt the previous owner realized you need a chip in the key to start the engine

you do need the master if you ever do any work on the ignition. pop into fords and ask them about a replacement.

• Like 1

There is something quite satisfying about the clunk of a door closing on an Audi, possibly the wrong forum to discuss that here lol

So, when you check the contacts at the mirror they are getting a feed when you toggle the switch but the mirror doesn't move? Could it be the mechanism/motor or have you replaced the whole mirror and housing?

Yes you get voltage on different pins when you try and move the mirror up/down or left/right. Replaced the complete mirror housing with motor etc. Now ordered a switch. If that doesn't fix it, it will stay broken

Yes you get voltage on different pins when you try and move the mirror up/down or left/right. Replaced the complete mirror housing with motor etc. Now ordered a switch. If that doesn't fix it, it will stay broken

Ordered a new switch and fitted it but I still have the fault. Any ideas as this is now getting expensive and I still haven't fixed it?

Have you checked the voltage on the other mirror contacts? Is it the same voltage as the mirror that won't move? It could be the voltage is not high enough to move the motor.

Can you connect the working mirror as a complete unit to the side that isn't working? Not sure if the sockets are the same, I know the mirror housing won't attach to the wrong side of the car but if the wires do you will know if a proven working mirror functions on the broken side. If not then it has to be a wiring issue if it does work then you have probably picked up a dud mirror.

Not sure if that makes sense now I've written it, it did make sense in my head though

• 2 weeks later...
Have you checked the voltage on the other mirror contacts? Is it the same voltage as the mirror that won't move? It could be the voltage is not high enough to move the motor.

Can you connect the working mirror as a complete unit to the side that isn't working? Not sure if the sockets are the same, I know the mirror housing won't attach to the wrong side of the car but if the wires do you will know if a proven working mirror functions on the broken side. If not then it has to be a wiring issue if it does work then you have probably picked up a dud mirror.

Not sure if that makes sense now I've written it, it did make sense in my head though

Thanks. I will check the voltage on the working side. The other side was 12v so think that's correct. I did look at swapping the mirrors over, but the plugs are different. Need to find a wiring diagram as it's looking more likely a wiring fault now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk