• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven Dark

• Jonny87

• titanium_s_spec

• bigjock

I've got my new Fiesta a few days ago. Can I use the "secret" compartment?

Only if you dont tell anyone B)

And get some magnetic tape to hold it closed, normally only £1 from the pound shop ....... less hassle and nice and neat, 2 minute job

Jim

And get some magnetic tape to hold it closed, normally only £1 from the pound shop ....... less hassle and nice and neat, 2 minute job

Jim

Thanks Jim. I will buy some magnetic tape.

Cheers!

Anyone wanting to convert their secret hole into a working compartment, THIS is ideal!

I won this and hope to fit this weekend any tips appreciated.

Thanks x

Jim

Yup, my vote goes to the self-adhesive magnetic tape method, might take as long as 3 minutes though ! Remove the metal clip from the centre. You might need to use more than you think as it's not that magnetic (mine wasn't anyway). Put as much on as you have space for. Make sure the surface is clean.

Alan

I have a 2011 Fiesta, after hearing about the new Fiesta's not having a hindge on the secret holey bit, is there any way to add one?

ive already got the push fit clips but i didnt know till i read this thread that mine dosnt have a hindge.

I have a 2011 Fiesta, after hearing about the new Fiesta's not having a hindge on the secret holey bit, is there any way to add one?

ive already got the push fit clips but i didnt know till i read this thread that mine dosnt have a hindge.

Have you tried opening the compartment to see? As some models do still have the hinges just depends when they were built in 2010/2011.

Have you tried opening the compartment to see? As some models do still have the hinges just depends when they were built in 2010/2011.

Yes, ive had the door completly off, no hindge, i have 4 clips, 2 top and 2 bottom

me 2, leave it off.....

can anyone post the part number moulded into the inside of the hinged flap that works?

maybe an earlier one can be retrofitted?

I am going to try and fit a CD holder in my hole...............ooooooh eeeeer

Just converted my 'hole' to a working one. Bought both magnetic tape and push catch. I wanted to use the push catch but not that confident about lining them up correctly. With glue you only get one chance with the female glued to one of the sides. Have used magnetici tape which is OK, but catch a bit more slick if done correctly.

Anyone and suggestions how to line it up correctly?

I pglued my catch where the metal clip is originally. Fits perfectly. I trimmed one of the arms since the catch meets at an angle.

The catch part comes in a T shape but I cut off the part with the screw holes at an angle so that the flap won't protrude so much. Obviously I removed the original catch and glued the new one in its place. Positioning wasn't much of an issue.

I wasn't keen on making any changes that couldn't be reversed so I've used magnetic tape and just removed the metal clip and kept it. The plastic projection on the lid is still intact. Works perfectly except that in hot weather (what hot weather ?) when the car interior gets very hot, the self adhesive tape came away a bit once.

Works perfectly except that in hot weather (what hot weather ?) when the car interior gets very hot, the self adhesive came away a bit once.

I've used a drop or two of super glue as it happened to me a couple of times, not happened since B)

I've used a drop or two of super glue as it happened to me a couple of times, not happened since B)

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm not a big fan of superglue but this job seems ideal for it.

This is what i did

Get your "secret compartment" cover

97066f73.jpg

Remove existing strike (I used a windy)

I also removed the lugs

ac856072.jpg

Buy This

Replacement Strike & Catch

Cut the strike to length, I measured it to be 7.5mm

96329402.jpg

Glue it on where the original one was, I used the outline of the existing rectangle to help with this

I used Araldite and masked up a close square around the strike and built the glue up around it

58cebacd.jpg

The rest of my trim is panther black so I sprayed it the same

d0b4c4c3.jpg

6e59c707.jpg

Ensure your catch fits on perfectly

f2984de5.jpg

I put glue on the back of the catch and on the underside

d214c999.jpg

Attached the cover to the car and attached the catch to the strike and then held in place until the glue had dried

cd00f7cc.jpg

63f452d3.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club