Do Not Sell My Personal Information

secret hole

titanium_s_spec

You can use a Velcro strips, best would be one with double side adhesive tape ;)

Velcro is a no no! It doesn't hold tightly and the hold gets worse with age! A magnetic clip would be a good idea.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven Dark

• Jonny87

• titanium_s_spec

• bigjock

i;ll be getting a magnetic catch from jewson or somewhere tomorrow, i mite even have one here allready

yea mite do, theres no weight in the flap/door at all.

they would be ideal tbh as they would be easy to fit, much easier than what i had in mind

i just wonder if one bit of magnetic tape will bond with another if you know what i mean. might have to insert something small and magnetic into the central hole that houses the permanent close clip.

A small brabantia push latch fits perfectly in the latch hole on the dashboard so its obvioulsy what Ford intended to put there..I'm just modifying the door now so that it'll be a proper push open/push close door!

Superglue is out!

If it works I'll let you know.

A small brabantia push latch fits perfectly in the latch hole on the dashboard so its obvioulsy what Ford intended to put there..I'm just modifying the door now so that it'll be a proper push open/push close door!

Superglue is out!

If it works I'll let you know.

Now this sounds ideal.

You will have to put some pics up of when and how you do it!!

Now this sounds ideal.

You will have to put some pics up of when and how you do it!!

Didn't work..well it did and the old brabantia latch broke. It was an old one I had so wasn't very good anyway.....so now just the outside casing of the brabantia latch is in the hole in the dash and the latch on the door pushes into it. It's a bit stiff but if I leave the door slightly ajar and I can pull it down easily. I think I'll leave it like that for now and see if anybody else comes up with a solution. I'm just storing a few bits and pieces in there that I don't need all the time.

i think i'll be leaving mine sealed, my man hands wont fit in anyway lol and anything left in there is just another excuse for rattles

forgot to sat that I'm having an Armster for Christmas so only day to day unused items will be stored the "secret hole"..perhaps I'll put my wheel nut lock in there...keeps it safer than the glovebox!

My "man hands" are also on the large side but its always nice to have an extra storage space...there's only a cable in there at the moment with a charger block attached an no rattles so far!

I've just thought of the perfect thing to put on this hole: the manual!!

In my MK7's glovebox the manual keeps getting in the way, probably my own fault as I keep an inverter in there too. I think THAT will be too big to put in the "secret hole". The Mk6.5 I had before this had a much better glovebox-bigger and had a dedicated slot for the manual.

I've not got mine open yet, but plan to soon. Will the manual fit? Also liking the idea to store the wheel locking nut in there. I keep mine in the hatch on the right of the steering wheel at present, but think this space would work better.

could always put an old mobile in there wired up so it is on permanent charge and then register it on 1 of these tracking sites and guess what you will no where your car is for the price of a text just in case piece of mind and all that.just a suggestion.( i hope it don't sound like it has come from a 8 yr old)!!

I've just thought of the perfect thing to put on this hole: the manual!!

In my MK7's glovebox the manual keeps getting in the way, probably my own fault as I keep an inverter in there too. I think THAT will be too big to put in the "secret hole". The Mk6.5 I had before this had a much better glovebox-bigger and had a dedicated slot for the manual.

I've not got mine open yet, but plan to soon. Will the manual fit? Also liking the idea to store the wheel locking nut in there. I keep mine in the hatch on the right of the steering wheel at present, but think this space would work better.

Have just been out to the car to check the secret hole, the manual in its fabric case is too big for the hole! If you curl the manual on its own it will fit but does not go all of the way in.

If you got some of that sticky grippy dashboard cover stuff from Halfords and line the hole with that it should stop the contents from rattling, as it has been suggested in some posts

I think the best mod for the hole would be to wire it up for USB and power. My pro-clip mobile holder is right next to the hole so if I could power it from the hole instead of stretching a lead from my cigar lighter multi-block it would be ideal. Plus i could keep my portable hard drive in there. Excellent!

lol, I now have three reasons to take my centre console apart!

-secret hole

-ESP off button

-sub wiring (Not that I currently have a sub or the money for a sub, but it would be good to have the wiring in place so that it's an option...

in my younger days i know exactly what i would of kept in there lol,

Have just been out to the car to check the secret hole, the manual in its fabric case is too big for the hole! If you curl the manual on its own it will fit but does not go all of the way in.

Oh well, that's put a downer an that one then :(

Following on from the Brabantia-type spring clip (which i've taken the time to study on my own kitchen bin lol) i thought about the spring clip used on the Fiesta's fuel filler cover. I reckon this would be a bit sturdier than the Brabantia type, but since i haven't got the Fiesta yet I can't even look to see if the sizes are comparable. Can anyone take a look and maybe size one up, and get a part number from Ford for it?

Also, I wonder if the Ford parts (eCat) screen shown the opening tray as a listed part?I will harass my local dealer next time i'm in there ;)

Getting interesting this!!

Just a thought on the wheel locking nut...if you have (like me) the inflator pack/gunk in the boot for punctures, the poly mould that holds it all has a perfect little hole that holds the locking wheel nut...so right I think they designed it for the nut!

Just thought I may be able to help!!

I have to admit i have found the glovebox a little bit of a squeeze and surprise due to the huge dashboard...me mk3 xr2i has a bigger glovebox!!

Im still with my idea of the harddrive linked to USB in that secret hole :)

Especially if you dont have USB and want to fit it (see other topics!!) then all your would need is the bluetooth mod and cable...no need for special USB thingy below gearstick!!

Power in there sounds smart too...those with Satnavs guna find it annoying to plug the power in below the gearstick and have the cable getting tied up with changing gear!!

Piggy :)

I've put the secret hole to use..

USB is now in there for my hard drive - which i left at work so cant put it completely to the test. Which i couldnt anyway as i need to get ford to update my stereo software for ipod/usb/bt

I have got a few pictures, will put them up later tonight.

Im considering putting another 3.5mm input jack in there too - then if i use the ipod in there it can be hidden away.

I've put the secret hole to use..

USB is now in there for my hard drive - which i left at work so cant put it completely to the test. Which i couldnt anyway as i need to get ford to update my stereo software for ipod/usb/bt

I have got a few pictures, will put them up later tonight.

Im considering putting another 3.5mm input jack in there too - then if i use the ipod in there it can be hidden away.

Are these additional USB's and stereo jacks, or have you had to remove the ones by the gear stick in order to have ports in the secret hole?

two threads, one topic who will win you decide......

• Like 1

Are these additional USB's and stereo jacks, or have you had to remove the ones by the gear stick in order to have ports in the secret hole?

Currently I only have usb in there - and it is the one which would run to the normal place, but since i have retro fitted usb into my car I decided to put it straight into the "not so secret hole anymore"

If i put a 3.5mm jack in there this will be additional, and I think I will add a second usb port to the normal place too.

Currently I only have usb in there - and it is the one which would run to the normal place, but since i have retro fitted usb into my car I decided to put it straight into the "not so secret hole anymore"

If i put a 3.5mm jack in there this will be additional, and I think I will add a second usb port to the normal place too.

Excellent news!

How would you go about splitting the USB two ways? Because I wouldnt want to lose the functionality of the main port.

Excellent news!

How would you go about splitting the USB two ways? Because I wouldnt want to lose the functionality of the main port.

Well i'm thinking about checking whether a USB hub would work - i have a few small ones kicking about at work.

My plan is to have a USB hard drive plugged in all the time with my music - thus no need for an ipod. But if say i havent updated the hard drive with new music and my ipod is more up to date, i can just plug the ipod into the main port (may have to unplug the USB drive, need to check when its all working)

Oh and here is a pic of what i have done - i know its messy, will tidy up a bit, but its in the secret hole so im not to fussed.

4178760265_8ac4f1e119_b.jpg