Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2.5 1.6 Zectec Brake shoes

sonic113

Im looking to replace the brake shoes on my focus before the MOT this year. Has anyone got a part number for the originals or recommend decent replacement ones? Mu local autoshop sells C**p these days so gonna have a look elsewhere,

Thanks

Thanks I will have a look online and see what deals are about.

perhaps someone is going to say I am bit naïve. does it really matter which make rear brake shoes you use? if they are the right shape and size for your car, what can be the problem?

I have seen problems before where the linings come unstuck from the shoe, the last one I saw was on a Mercedes A class which had the original shoes in, not cheap replacements.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, isetta said:

perhaps someone is going to say I am bit naïve. does it really matter which make rear brake shoes you use? if they are the right shape and size for your car, what can be the problem?

I have seen problems before where the linings come unstuck from the shoe, the last one I saw was on a Mercedes A class which had the original shoes in, not cheap replacements.

It's personal taste which manufacturer you use, price and advice from others may sway your choice but in the end it's up to you.

• Like 1

Assuming you are not racing etc, just buy the cheapest. brake shoes don't do very much. your braking is mainly done by the front brakes (which have pads not shoes).

On a large number of cars the brake shoes last the life if the car (unless worn down due to hadbrake mechanism sticking or due to contamination by fluid leak from hydraulic brake cylinders)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club