Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 KA performance Parts

Dc89

Hi all, 

my misses currently has a 2011 MK2 KA. 

She has been nagging me about making the car a little bit quicker, any options out there?

Also what are the options about an engine conversion?

Thanks,

not really worth messing with . you will have to notify your insurance aswell and have the car re registerd with the dvla then it maybe a sod to sell on

best to save ££ and get a car that has performance as standard like a fiesta st

or the fiat 500 abarth.

I'm inclined to agree with delboy, it really isn't worth messing with to be honest. The main 'go-to' performance upgrade that you will probably hear from people is to look at getting a remap, however as the engine is only a 1.2 with no turbo you would most likely see virtually no difference what-so-ever from this so I would discount it immediately as a huge waste of money.

An engine conversion would be a much more expensive option (I wouldn't bat an eye-lid if it broke into four figures) making it economically unfeasible on her car. It could also open you up to a whole world of potential mechanical problems, I'm sure the missus would rather have a slow car than one that didn't run at all.  

My advice, look at selling the KA and put the funds towards something quicker as standard. 2011 KAs are selling from between £3k-£5k depending on spec and mileage and put that money towards something like a similar age Fiesta 1.6 which are going for £5k upwards or, if she want's something a bit quicker still, a Fiesta ST (bear in mind that if she wants one of the more recent Fiesta STs and not the mk6 then you're going to be looking at a good few thousand more than the 1.6). 

Hope this helps!