Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is the difference between a set of £18 glow plugs and a set of £70 glow plugs ?

Fastlife91

9 minutes ago, stef123 said:

Here's me testing a set of glow plugs before I spend any money lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've heard of something like this, how exactly does one perform this test ?  I have already bought the other set now from the internet but still, would be interestingto know how you test them in this way

It seems to me that you do not have the skills,tools or competance to carry out work on your car, All your posts seem to be arguemenative, May I suggest you get a mobile mechanic to sort out your car.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fastlife91 said:

I've heard of something like this, how exactly does one perform this test ?  I have already bought the other set now from the internet but still, would be interestingto know how you test them in this way

I did mention that method in your last thread.  Using a car battery you put positive (usually red) to the top and the negative (black) to the body and the plug should glow really bright if its a good one.  A knackered one may still glow but not as bright.

I don't know why 2 of your plugs go in further than the other 2, it does seem a bit weird.  They only need to be tight enough so you can't easily undo them, so basically tighten them until you feel a 'stop' then go a tiny bit further, say 1/8th of a turn.  Tightness comes with experience so it's a bit difficult to explain.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I did mention that method in your last thread.  Using a car battery you put positive (usually red) to the top and the negative (black) to the body and the plug should glow really bright if its a good one.  A knackered one may still glow but not as bright.

I don't know why 2 of your plugs go in further than the other 2, it does seem a bit weird.  They only need to be tight enough so you can't easily undo them, so basically tighten them until you feel a 'stop' then go a tiny bit further, say 1/8th of a turn.  Tightness comes with experience so it's a bit difficult to explain.

hey there

Well I've ordered the new ones and I shall try them, however if I still experience said problems I shall return them to the seller, I usually wouldn't but as said I've already put 2 sets of plugs in and if the third pair doesn't solve the problem then I am sending them straight back and putting the ones I currently have back on, then I will investigate further and take it from there.

I'm sure the plugs are in tight enough now though the first time they were loose as I discovered when swapping them around, not very loose but just not tight enough.

It's odd though, sometimes my car starts fine, other days it really doesn't start too good at all

edit : urm, quick question, do I seem argumentative in my posts or appear unappreciative at all ?  the user above has just randomly insulted me out of the blue and I do not know his problem. I know Jmurray01 has been very mean to me at times and answered questions very bluntly and I have seen on some threads he has been slagging me off to other members, I therefore sent him a PM a few days ago asking him to stop being abusive toward me I told his I'd like us to get along and I told him if he doesn't quit his abuse that I will report him to the mods with hopes of him being permanently removed from the site.

I told him if he has nothing nice to say then say nothing at all , since then he has not replied to any of the posts I've sent, like nice posts like asking him how much a car is for sale at that he wants to buy and just trying to interact nice with him he has not replied but rather that than him being mean , It just feels he has a problem with me asking questions and he decides to post but is very blunt in his answers.

sorry for the rant but do you personally have a problem with me such as the user above is implying that people here are upset with me ?

thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fastlife91 said:

........... but as this is the 3rd pair in 6 months..........

call me pessimistic , but im gonna guess that glow plug set number 4 makes bugger all difference lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, karl46 said:

It seems to me that you do not have the skills,tools or competance to carry out work on your car, All your posts seem to be arguemenative, May I suggest you get a mobile mechanic to sort out your car.

Sorry, have I upset you at all ? :wacko:

Where on this thread have I been argumentative ?   I have been nothing but respectful and polite here to the people who have helped me . you have not come on here and provided any help at  all other than to come here and accuse me of something I am not guilty of and I do believe I have never chatted to you before so I have come to a conclusion that somebody here who is mean and abusive toward me has been slagging me off  again.

2 minutes ago, biff55 said:

call me pessimistic , but im gonna guess that set number 4 makes bugger all difference lol

somebody (not even calling him a friend no more ) replaced glow plugs a few months back said he bought new ones but he has drawers full of old ones and the shop he claimed to buy them from said he had not been in to buy any.

2 nd set-  bought new set, but think I didn't put them in tight enough so on taking them out I accidentally mixed the new plugs with the older ones hence why I just bought a new set

3- should sort the problem hopefully, otherwise sending them right back

• 57 minutes ago, Fastlife91 said:

sorry for the rant but do you personally have a problem with me such as the user above is implying that people here are upset with me ?

Nope, for what it's worth, I don't have a problem with anyone online.  But then I don't get easily offended...or offended at all really, you've really got to try hard if you want to insult me lol.  I'm not bothered whether someone reads my posts and acts on them or not, that's up to them.  I'll provide the information I have and let them do whatever they want with it.   

I also don't agree with everyone, or expect everyone to agree with me.  Some things are down to personal preference, perspective and opinion, and that's fine.  At the end of the day, whether it's real life or the internet, you won't like everyone, not everyone will like you. 

But it can be difficult to work out where someone may be offended by what was meant as a light-hearted joke or a bit of wit/sarcasm.  Sadly I know you can't always pick up on the jokes and it may seem like people are ripping into you when they weren't meaning to. 

I have seen a few posts on here recently that could've seemed harsh to the reader, not just posts aimed towards you either.   But we all have off days, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt that they've had a bad day or whatever and don't take it too seriously.  If someone was personally offended by a post they are welcome to report it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Nope, for what it's worth, I don't have a problem with anyone online.  But then I don't get easily offended...or offended at all really, you've really got to try hard if you want to insult me lol.  I'm not bothered whether someone reads my posts and acts on them or not, that's up to them.  I'll provide the information I have and let them do whatever they want with it.   

I also don't agree with everyone, or expect everyone to agree with me.  Some things are down to personal preference, perspective and opinion, and that's fine.  At the end of the day, whether it's real life or the internet, you won't like everyone, not everyone will like you. 

But it can be difficult to work out where someone may be offended by what was meant as a light-hearted joke or a bit of wit/sarcasm.  Sadly I know you can't always pick up on the jokes and it may seem like people are ripping into you when they weren't meaning to. 

I have seen a few posts on here recently that could've seemed harsh to the reader, not just posts aimed towards you either.   But we all have off days, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt that they've had a bad day or whatever and don't take it too seriously.  If someone was personally offended by a post they are welcome to report it.

thank you, well said

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club