Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error code P0017

paul97

Hope someone can help with my 2009 1.6 petrol titanium 69,0000 miles, my usual car repair garage has told me that the engine management light that keeps coming & going is for an error code

"P0017 crankshaft position correlation - bank 1 sensor B"

He has told me that I should take it to my local Ford garage to see what exactly the problem is. The car seems to run fine.

If anyone can help or advise I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Paul

19 hours ago, paul97 said:

"P0017 crankshaft position correlation - bank 1 sensor B"

He has told me that I should take it to my local Ford garage

That may cost £100 before they actually do anything!

First off check the wiring connectors to both the camshaft sensor (usually on or under the cam cover on top of the engine) and the crankshaft sensor (low down, either in the bellhousing, or under the aux belt pulley). These may not be easy to get at, a Haynes manual may have some handy hints.

These sensors are not very expensive, changing both would still be cheaper than a Ford franchise garage, if within your diy scope.

The error usually signifies some sort of mismatch between these two sensors. A worn timing belt (cambelt) is another possibility, if so get that fixed asap!

Thanks for your reply Peter, I'm not sure if I would be able to find these sensors but really appreciate your help. Looks like I will have to buy a Haynes manual.

Many thanks

Paul

• Like 1